Control System Engineer
Reliability, Maintenance, and Engineering (RME) is hiring for Control Systems Engineers!
At Amazon we believe that Every Day is still Day One! We’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
A proactive automation controls and technical support role for fulfillment center operations, focusing on maximizing equipment reliability and operational performance of equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, and SCADA devices and programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Coordinate and plan work activities for the Control Systems Techs/Leads to accomplish goals and objectives of North America Customer Fulfillment teams
- Work closely with building Operations, Operations Engineering, FC Start up Team, AFT Software teams, ACES team, and Safety in supporting MHE systems optimization and project implementation
- Understand, maintain and troubleshoot material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems
- Monitor MHE metrics and partner with maintenance/operations for system performance issues and provide analysis across all operations.
- Act as first level escalation support for the Control Systems Techs/Leads, during and after business hours, troubleshooting locally and remotely and repair all hardware or controls software systems within the building
- Appropriately escalate downtime situations to vendors or headquarters for support to restore equipment operation.
- Mentor Control System Technicians (CST) and Control System Leads (CSL) within your assigned building
- Facilitate Failure Analysis and Incident Review processes and implement process improvements or retraining to avoid future incidents
- Apply subject matter expertise in material handling and electronic systems to maximize building utilization of systems
- Perform, Utilize, and provide analysis building System Assessments to assess material handling system performance
- Partner with other building Operations leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations. Act as the technical consultant for capital projects inside the building
- Utilize building network support resources for guidance and assistance, and provide assistance to peers, as needed
- Communicate technical issues and project timelines with building leadership, operations and the maintenance team. Explain production impacts
- Assist with skill assessments for the Technical positions within building operation maintenance teams
- Handle flexible work load which may come from management or other operations
- Participate in AE conference calls and coordinate with AE central team to complete all tasks required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or other related engineering OR 5+ years of equivalent professional experience.
- Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
- Experience with electrical theory, Robotics, Controls components, automated equipment
- Experience identifying, maintaining, troubleshooting, programming, and designing HMI and control network components
- Experience identifying, maintaining, troubleshooting, and modifying Motor Controls including motor starters, Variable Frequency Drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components
- Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems
- Experience interpreting, modifying, and developing mechanical and electrical drawings Experience identifying, maintaining, and utilizing SCADA systems and KPIs
- Familiarity with programming software such as RSLogix5000 studio, FT View, and other controls software platforms
- Familiarity with Robotics work cells and its control systems
- Ability to lead others in a technical role and interact with all levels of management. Reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to train others with lesser skills
- Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others. Systems controls design or programming experience
- Systems integration experience
- Field service engineering experience Systems trainer or training experience
- Experience supporting a wide range of different conveyors and sortation systems Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills
- Proven history of remote technical phone support
- Experience with advanced automation controls systems Experience with industrial robotics
- Experience with ASRS systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.