Date: January 9, 2020
Position Title: Senior Engineer/Project Manager
Primary Purpose: Supports Principal Engineer with managing and overseeing a wide variety of small to large scale projects and handles ad hoc projects for Masa Fujioka & Associates (MFA).
- Provide technical oversight of small to large scale projects.
- Manage and mentor junior staff.
- Perform special inspections of fieldwork.
- Conduct engineering analyses and design.
- Handles new business inquiries, bid opportunities, technical proposals, contract negotiations, budgets, obtaining required permits, and locates and tracks materials and resources.
- Prepare technical reports and memos, diagrams, charts, drawings, and specifications.
- Develop and review proposals and cost estimates.
- Coordinate/procure sub consultants, clients and contractors; provide customer service, support or liaison between parties; prepare written correspondence; project and workforce scheduling.
- Indoors, air-conditioned
- Outdoors in all types of weather
Work Hours: Minimum 40 hours per week. May require occasional overtime.
Motor vehicle, geotechnical/environmental related field equipment, and standard office and safety equipment. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is required to be worn as appropriate for fieldwork and laboratory environments.
Mental, Physical and Communication Demands:
- Ability to work outside in the field, which requires walking, standing, and lifting and carrying of field equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to travel to different work sites, occasionally in remote areas and/or off-island.
- Requires verbal and written communication skills, and ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Requires organizational, time management, and conflict management skills.
- Requires mathematical problem solving; reading and understanding contract language, specifications, drawings, diagrams, and other technical documents; and preparing/editing complex and technical written documents.
- Ability to learn engineering or related software applications
- Requires meeting and communicating with others over the phone and face-to-face.
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited degree program, Construction Management or closely related degree.
Seven or more years of progressively responsible professional experience in engineering and/or construction industry. Three or more years of direct work experience in a geotechnical engineering firm or related field is required.
- Possessing a valid driver’s license
- Must be currently authorized to work in the U.S.
- Able to obtain access to U.S. military bases (MFA would coordinate)
Salary Grade and Range: Salary commensurate with experience.
MFA is a locally owned and operated firm that has been providing consulting services throughout Hawai‛i and across the Pacific since 1991. We are centrally located in ‛Aiea on O‛ahu. We provide a full range of geotechnical, hydrogeological, and environmental services. MFA has provided professional services for a wide variety of military and non-military projects. As MFA is a small firm, the Sr. Engineer/Project Manager will have the opportunity to be involved in a range of project types, with prospects for advancement.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not intended to be interpreted as comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Job Type: Full-time
- Geotechnical Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- Professional Engineering (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift