Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer based in Madison, PA.
Who You Are:
- Support Component engineering design and analysis activities for components such as Steam Generator and Pressurizers.
- Support Structural Design and Analyses on various components included but no limited to - steam generator, pressurizer and other component design and analysis work.
- Support ASME Code work, ANSYS and Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
- BS Mechanical Engineering required
- Experience with FEA preferred but not required
- Experience with ANSYS is a plus (not required)
- Experience with ASME Code preferred but not required.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA strongly preferred
- Analytical mindset with ability to keep big picture in focus and make engineering judgments on the spot based on deep understanding of technical details.
- Fundamentals in Engineering Exam (FE) Preferred in preparation for the Professional Engineering Exam (PE).
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access to nuclear power plants