- civil engineering / land development, 5 years (preferred), 3 years (minimum)
- Professional Engineer, P.E. (preferred)
Civil Engineer: Project Manager
MatkinHoover Engineering and Surveying is seeking a highly ambitious and experienced Licensed Professional Engineer, to join our fast-growing Georgetown, Texas team. The ideal candidate is talented, results driven, who desires a high degree of independence and responsibility.
MHES is a well-established engineering firm founded in 2002 in Boerne, Texas. MHES provides civil engineering design, land surveying and development services for commercial, residential, and governmental developments. From its conception, Matkin Hoover’s entrepreneurial vision has been to provide quality engineering and surveying services to clients with the personal involvement of a small business. Today, MHES has developed and grown into a full service, professional civil engineering & surveying firm supported by a strong force of experienced and dedicated licensed professional engineers, engineers-in-training, surveyors, CAD technicians, and administrative staff serving clients globally.
A successful candidate will manage a qualified team for an array of projects. Meet and exceed client expectations by ensuring accurate, complete, and timely communication and work product. Review and approve design development by the Project Engineer, Engineers-in-training, and CAD Technicians to provide hands-on mentoring to support team members towards achieving their maximum potential.
- Bachelor of Science in civil engineering (required)
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) license in the State of Texas
- 5 years of progressive experience in civil engineering design including: water and wastewater infrastructure, roadway design for City and County projects, civil site design, and drainage.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D (preferred).
- Familiarity with local county and municipal design requirements and permitting.
- Hydrologic & Hydraulic modeling software such as: HEC-HMS, HEC RAS, TR-55.
- Familiarity with TxDOT design requirements
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently while maintaining strong attention to detail with limited supervision.
- Ability to focus on the details of a project while understanding the big picture from the project team perspective.
- Ability to work within a team to coordinate assignments.
- Technical writing abilities applied to reports and proposals.
- Willingness to mentor junior staff.
- Efficiently utilize time in executing assigned tasks accurately, on schedule, and within budget.
- Effectively interact with clients, vendors, and staff at all levels.
- Excellent communication, organization, and customer service are essential.
Schedule Expectations: Full Time
- 40+hour work week or as required
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Quarterly Bonus Potential
- 401K Retirement Plan, with company contribution
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Civil engineering land development: 3 years (Required)
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) (Preferred)
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place