Information Technology Services, a service organization that provides technology support for the University of Iowa campus, is seeking an enthusiastic and talented software developer to design, develop, and support applications and services provided by our Administrative Information Systems (AIS) department. As a member of the “AIS – Architecture” team, you will build and support critical enterprise systems that are used throughout campus including: our student information system (MAUI), workflow and communication engines, data portals, and more.
We are seeking a software developer who will be comfortable developing full-stack web applications. You will be a member of a high-performing team that values critical thinking, communication, accountability, and collaboration with customers and peers. You will have the interest and ability to quickly learn new technologies and you will use those skills to build solutions that impact all of campus.
This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization
In a typical week, your responsibilities might include:
- Working with technical peers across work groups to design and implement new user interface standards for our student information system.
- Helping another campus developer troubleshoot oAuth issues connecting to our campus workflow system.
- Adding functionality to a local file attachment service to migrate the underlying file storage to the AWS S3 service.
- Collaborating with the Provost office to build exploratory tools to connect professors who might have similar interests based on their CV information.
- Mentoring student employees to help them upgrade and transition our metrics infrastructure to cloud services.
- Building engagement models in our campus data warehouse to assist in recruitment and retention efforts.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Experience (typically 1-3 years’) developing large web applications with some technical direction or equivalent collegiate or open source project experience
- Experience with web based frameworks, protocols, and tools.
- Familiarity with web service APIs and concepts
- Knowledge of software development best practices (source code control, issue tracking, etc.) and technology trends.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and customer relations skills.
- Ability to apply critical thinking, technical problem solving, and analyzing system specifications.
- Knowledge and experience with cloud architectures and services (AWS, Google, Azure).
- Relational database experience, including SQL experience.
- Familiarity with Higher Education and associated administrative / academic processes.
In order to be considered, applicants must upload a resume and a cover letter (under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and credential verification. For questions or additional information, please contact Kim Kuebrich Yordi at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is an expectation that the person in this position will maintain effective, civil, and respectful working relationships with the University of Iowa campus community and uphold a high standard of cultural competency and respect for difference that represents our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.