Professional Engineer - Water / Wastewater Treatment Sector Focus
*Location: Fort Collins/Palisade CO
Position Overview: *
J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. (J-U-B) is seeking an experienced Professional Engineer to work in either our Fort Collins, CO or Palisade, CO offices. The ideal candidate will display a solid understanding of water/wastewater design and processes and a strong ability to communicate solutions to clients.
J-U-B delivers innovative services which allow our clients to succeed, while providing an enriching environment for our employees. J-U-B is one of the largest employee owned professional engineering companies in the Intermountain West.
While applying technical and engineering knowledge and skills, this position will:
- Plan, design and implement a wide variety of municipal projects including water and sewer piping system, lift station projects, water storage and pumping and water reuse projects. Knowledge of water/ wastewater treatment is a plus. Participate in all phases of project planning, design, cost estimating, bidding and construction.
- Analyze engineering data, prepare design calculations, interpret plans and specifications, and make sound decisions.
- Collaborate with other engineers, subconsultants, contractors, cities/districts, regulatory agencies and funding agencies on projects.
- Evaluate and provide support in an advisory role to water/wastewater client staff
- Periodic fieldwork including construction observation and administration, monitoring equipment installation, and project reconnaissance.
- Partner with project managers and senior project engineers for reporting, design and construction phase services for various public agency water and sewer projects.
- Interact with government agencies for regulatory permits, crossing agreements, easements, encroachments and other necessary project requirements.
- Attend public meetings, public forums and open-house events to discuss project details and answer questions from the public, as required.
- Attend District, Town and City meetings as required.
- Utilize design and communication tools such as AutoCAD Civil3D, Revit, ArcGIS, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Prepare project proposals, comprehensive project reports and prepare project documentation.
- Bachelor degree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering or equivalent. Master Degree with focus in the water / wastewater sector is preferred, but not required.
- Professional Engineer with 7+ years of experience.
- Certification as a professional engineer in Colorado, or the ability to acquire within 6 months.
- Extensive experience in municipal Water or Wastewater planning and design is required, including experience working directly with regulatory agencies.
- Technical writing skills are required. Please submit a written work sample.
- Ability to manage staff working in AutoCAD Civil3D and Revit.
- ArcGIS experience is desired.
Salary Range: Determined by experience. In addition to your great salary, J-U-B also offers a competitive benefit package including bonuses for qualified employees and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere.
To apply for this challenging position, please visit www.jub.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 to $45.00 /hour
- relevant: 7 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule