Alden is seeking an experienced self-motivated Structural Engineer to join our design team in Littleton, CO.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to work on truly one-of-a kind projects. Typical projects range from upgrades and modifications of existing spillways and dams to water supply, pump station, and treatment facility design. This position will provide the opportunity to be involved with all phases of structural engineering from proposal development through final design and construction. In addition to detailed structural analysis and design, the position will include developing proposals, interacting with clients, project execution, and reporting.
Alden is seeking a candidate with leadership skills and a willingness to take on new challenges in structural engineering for hydraulic structures.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Master’s degree in Structural Engineering (preferred)
- Registered as a Professional Engineer
- Minimum of 5 years of structural engineering experience
- Combination of field experience and office experience (preferred)
- Experience with water projects, hydraulic structures, and dam safety work
- Proficient with AutoCAD and STAAD.Pro or similar structural modeling software
- Strong knowledge of steel and concrete design codes
- Strong understanding of structural behavior and structural construction materials
- Ability to organize and manage several tasks/projects ongoing at the same time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Founded in 1894, Alden is the oldest continuously operating hydraulic laboratory in the United States and one of the oldest and most experienced hydraulic engineering firms in the world. As a result of these origins, Alden’s structural engineers are uniquely well-versed in the analysis, design, inspection, and upgrade of hydraulic structures. Alden is headquartered in Holden, MA with offices in Everett, WA; Portland, OR; Fort Collins, CO; and Littleton, CO.
Alden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- AutoCAD and STAAD: 1 year (Required)
- Structural Engineering: 5 years (Required)