As a Field Engineer Intern you will be tasked with taking on real-work responsibilities that directly impact the projects. You will work directly with field operations, office engineering, or estimating groups throughout the 10-12 week internship. This position is for an intern/co-op for the Spring 2020 semester or Summer 2020.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
TIC Marine and Heavy Civil self-performs marine projects with company-owned equipment for both the public and private sector, historically focusing on the southeast coast. Our construction operations are supported by our in-house equipment department, fabrication facility and machine shop to streamline projects for our owners. Using our own equipment and fabrication facility allow us to maintain control over critical scopes, ensuring that the project stays on schedule.
Past heavy-civil experiences include cast in place concrete, steel, box beam, flat slab, railroad trestle and arch bridges, bridge widening, bascule and swing bridges, box culverts, storm drainage, erosion control, dike and levee construction, concrete paving, tunnels and sound barriers.
Our Marine experience includes lock and dam repairs, docks, demolition, Navy wharfs, water intake structures, steel, concrete, composite and timber piling, fender systems, dolphins, piers, dredging, marinas and LNG facilities.
Savannah, GA is home to TIC Marine & Heavy Civil, a subsidiary of Kiewit. Most of our projects are within a 90-mile radius of the city, allowing our employees to not only to plant roots in the South but build relationships with our clients.
- Direct or assist with all project Safety, Quality and Compliance programs and processes. This is our first and foremost focus
- Field Operations: Work in a crew to gain a hands-on understanding of the construction process. Work with field engineers to do construction surveying on the projects. Interpret drawings and specifications for field crews and craft, prepare work plans and work packages, order and schedule material deliveries
Other common names for this role:
- Currently pursuing your Undergraduate or graduate degree in civil engineering, construction management or related degree
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in a wide-ranging climates and environments
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
Office Engineer Intern, Engineer Intern, Engineer Co-Op
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
- 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.