Pay rate: $22
Grand Forks ND
These are rotating 8 and 12 hour shifts that work nights, weekends and holidays. Not an overly technical area with root cause analysis, more along the lines of operation and inspection of equipment to ensure proper operation. No degree needed, but would like to see a degree or certificate in boiler operation field, or industrial maintenance.
1. Normal local licensing requirement for Stationary Engineers performing specified work.
2. Knowledge of engineering fundamentals necessary for effective and safe operation of complex electrical and mechanical building equipment and systems.
3. Capable of effectively representing JCI to our customers.
4. Working knowledge of personal computers. Work under specific direction where the company has contracted to perform building operations at a designated location for a significant time period, generally one or more years. Ensure optimum, efficient operations of boilers, pumps, and heat generating equipment for high pressure steam plants.
1. Observe and interpret readings on gauges, meters, and charts that record various aspects of the systems operations.
2. Adjust controls to ensure safe and efficient operation of the system to meet the demands for the specified service.
3. Perform inspections as necessary to verify that the designated facilities are functioning within condition limits for the purpose intended.
4. Conduct water tests and make necessary adjustments to pumps, softeners, and controllers.
5. Maintain a log in which various aspects of the systems operation are recorded, e.g., run time, system pressure, filter differential pressure, temperature, equipment status.
6. Keep designated equipment and machinery in working order.
7. May provide work direction or assistance to others who perform tasks related to operating and maintaining equipment and systems.
8. May operate computer control system to accomplish specific tasks relating to building and equipment operation.
9. Perform any related duties as assigned.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour