If you’re ready to take on a fresh challenge, grow your career and contribute to supporting homeland defense and armed services, Wilcox Industries is ready to help you achieve your goals. We are currently seeking a full-time self-starting and hands on Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to identify and manage risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations. The primary role includes loss elimination, risk management and life cycle management. This position reports to the Vice President of Quality Assurance. Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will work with Programs, Operations, and Engineering.
Wilcox is a vertically integrated engineering and manufacturing company with a goal to do as much design, testing, manufacturing, and assembling in house as possible. Because of this, candidates must have a strong technical skillset with the ability to interface with all departments throughout the company on a daily basis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Enforces the Quality Management Systems.
- Back-up to the VP Quality
- Formulates or helps formulate Quality Assurance policies and procedures.
- Aid in carrying out quality surveys and audits.
- Aids in supporting Government Proposals and Programs.
- Schedules, aids in managing the internal/supplier audit program.
- Perform internal audits, generate audit reports and communicate results.
- Designs and evaluates quality assurance processes, sampling systems, procedures and statistical techniques.
- Work with Engineering on new products development to establish standards, testing and acceptance criteria.
- Designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment; analyzes production and service limitations and standards.
- Recommends revision of specifications when indicated.
- Conduct training on quality assurance concepts, tools.
- Evaluates, recommends and facilitates lean activities for process improvement.
- Collects, organizes, monitors and distributes information related to quality and process improvement functions, possibly including but not limited to compliance to and documentation of quality management standards.
- Generates reports using computer skills and distributes those reports to various users in the organization, customers and/or suppliers.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science field plus a minimum of 10 years experience in Quality, production management, engineering or operations.
- Background in Defense Industry a plus.
- Reliability background is a plus.
- Ability to develop and manage good working relationships with internal departments (production, sales, logistics, accounting), contractors, suppliers inspectors and customers.
- Strong mechanical knowledge and aptitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
Wilcox Industries employs an innovative approach to every project it encounters and inspires creative solutions. With 89 patents and 87 more pending, Wilcox is a vertically enabled operation housed in a modern, 220,000 square foot engineering and manufacturing facility in Newington, NH. Our state-of-the-art design tools, in house prototyping, in house test equipment, large capacity lathe, vertical, horizontal, machining departments combined with in house mold making and producing capability along with a team approach enables us to provide our customers with an unmatched responsiveness and quality without compromise.
The U.S. Department of Defense declared Wilcox an essential critical workforce infrastructure. We are growing and expanding our workforce to meet our customers’ needs.
Wilcox Industries offers a competitive compensation package for employees, including 401(k), health and welfare benefits, and a technically challenging work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality, production management, engineering or operations: 10 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible