ISS Facility Services is currently recruiting for a Stationary Engineer/ Boiler Operator with a current Minnesota 1B Boiler's License to join our team at the Minneapolis- Saint Paul International Airport.
ISS Facility Services offers a generous benefits package which includes competitive pay, health insurance, 401K, and much more.
Stationary Engineers operate, service, and monitor equipment related to mechanical and electrical systems in commercial facilities.
· Operates and maintains stationary engines and mechanical equipment, such as steam engines, air compressors, generators, motors, chillers, turbines and steam boilers, to provide utilities, such as light, heat, cooling or power, for buildings and industrial processes: Reads meters and gauges or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify operating conditions.
· Records data, such as temperature of equipment, hours of operation, fuel consumed temperature or pressure, water levels, analysis of flue gases, voltage load, and generator balance.
· Adjusts manual controls or overrides automatic controls to bring equipment into recommended or prescribed operating ranges, switch to backup equipment or systems, or to shut down equipment.
· Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment, or lubrication.
· Maintains equipment by tightening fittings, repacking bearings, replacing packing glands, gaskets, valves, recorders, and gauges, and cleaning or replacing burners or other components, using hand tools and power tools.
· Monitor and perform replacement of oil and lubricate on the equipment.
· May perform water titration tests and pour chemical additives, such as water softener, into treatment tank to prevent scale buildup and to clean boiler lines.
· May record operation and maintenance actions taken during shift in operator’s logbook.
· May specialize in equipment designed for industrial processes and be designated Acid-Concentration-Plant-Equipment Engineer; Air-Compressor-Station Engineer; Diesel-Engine Operator, Stationary; Water-Pumping-Station Engineer.
· Requires a high school diploma or vocational school/college.
· Requires a 1B Boilers license issued by State of Minnesota, restricting equipment operated to specified types and sizes.
· Requires a Universal CFC certification for working with refrigerant.
· Must have mechanical skills such as knowledge of hand tools and the ability to replace defective gaskets, bearings and valves.
· Must have communication skills to translate highly technical information to those without a technical background.
· Depending on the size of the facility, they must be able to work independently and as part of a team, requiring strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Must be able to work in noisy environments, stand for long periods of time, crawl, climb and work with hazardous equipment.
Stationary Engineers may work alone, operating and maintaining their equipment. Usually work indoors in engine rooms. Some are exposed to high temperatures, dust, dirt, oil, grease, and fumes. Servicing equipment may involve having to crawl inside boilers and work in crouching and kneeling positions. Others work in clean, well-lighted rooms with automatic or remote-controlled equipment and are only occasionally exposed to uncomfortable conditions while making repairs or adjustments.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
ISS Facility Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer that promotes a diverse workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $33.00 - $35.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Boiler Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- MN 1B Boiler Operator (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- CFC Universal (Preferred)