MCD Innovations is the world’s largest manufacturer of RV Roller Shades, all proudly made in the USA at our state-of-the-art facility located in McKinney, TX.
COME GROW WITH US!!! We are seeking a Design Engineer to join our team!!
BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY:
Primary Function: Identify, design and validate product to meet the criteria established by the sales team, customer requests, and corporate input. Manage the development process for the projects to ensure it meets the timeline and cost targets established. Work with a cross functional team (Sales personnel, Production, Finance and management) to accomplish the project goals.
Secondary Function: Assist to support Production, Customer Service, and Sales as needed for customer related issues.
Summary/Objective: This role supports several activities with the discipline. Create designs, develop layouts, as well as, conduct analysis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Formulates designs for component parts and assemblies for product applications. Perform design work, assembly layout, creation of drawings and models, as well as writing manuals.
2. In-depth understanding of mechanical systems, software interfaces, and 12V electrical systems.
3. Develop data and create layouts, sketches and recommendation notes for design proposals.
4. Provide product specifications to the purchasing team
5. Oversee all phases of New Product Development from concept to mass production.
6. Ability to read test reports and adjust the system and design to obtain the finished product as desired. Lead analysis to develop design options, recommendations for structure, systems and components.
7. Make tolerance and interference calculations on details and assemblies. Troubleshoot and problem solve.
8. Comprehension of the ECO process and following changes through the system and overseeing the first production run to complete the process.
9. Understands the concepts of DFM and DFA and the ability to implement this in all projects being worked on. Ability to conduct Design of Experiments.
10. Perform reliability (cycle, temp, fatigue) testing to ensure designs meet customer requirements.
11. Ability to work with SolidWorks CAD software.
12. Understanding UL requirements/flammability requirements and how those impact the product.
13. Participate/lead in continuous improvement projects by recognizing and sharing suggestions on areas of improvement.
14. Create prototypes and 3D prints, basic CNC, Design and prototype fixtures and manufacturing jigs.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
15. Ability to foster and maintain positive working relations by demonstrating a professional and positive work ethic. Follows all safety procedures and operational procedures, as well as wearing and maintaining all required PPE.
16. Ability to work well under pressure in a fast pace, time sensitive work environment. Capacity to prioritize and multitask for maximum efficiency without sacrificing customer satisfaction and accuracy.
17. Ability to work alone or with little direction to perform the required work.
18. Display leadership skills and willingness to work flexible hours as required. Must have excellent attendance to support production schedules.
19. Ability to work with Customers and suppliers in various settings to understand design parameters and requirements.
20. Benchmark competitive technology
· Problem Solving
· Technical Capacity
· Time Management
· Project Management
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office setting within a manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as telephones, computers, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This list is not all inclusive.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and hear. The employee is regularly required 8-10 hours a day to stand, walk, use steps, use hands to fingers, reach with hands, repetitive bending and squatting. The ability to lift up to 75 lbs. is required of the employee.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. demands. In addition, the position may occasionally require working beyond the 40-hour work week.
Travel will be required (up to 50%). Travel will involve participating in trade shows to gather product ideas, meeting with customers at their locations, and working with suppliers to identify necessary components.
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Design Engineering
· 4 years of relevant experience
· Minimum 3 years’ experience with SolidWorks Auto CAD
· Strong understanding of MS office tools
Preferred Education and Experience:
· Experience in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering as well as experience in Application software and smart home componentry is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- design engineer: 4 years (Required)
- SolidWorks and Auto CAD: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment