Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Electrician II- Emporia Plywood
Our plywood facility located in Emporia, VA has a vacancy for an Electrician II. This role provides general electrical maintenance support for the Emporia Plywood Mill by working safely 100% of the time.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
What You Will Need:
- Performing routine mechanical and electrical equipment repairs and preventive maintenance activities.
- Troubleshooting and repairing electrical and electronic equipment in a variety of different applications.
- Operating equipment such as hoists, man-lifts, rigging equipment, cranes and forklifts.
- Installing new and rebuilt equipment as required.
- Working in a team environment interacting with other maintenance employees, management personnel, production operators, engineers and contractors.
- Following work plans and schedules, read P&IDs and mechanical / electrical drawings.
- Understanding the goals of the maintenance department and work toward their successful achievement.
- Creating value through Principled Entrepreneurship, especially as it relates to improving reliability.
- Working in hot, humid and cold conditions, perform physically demanding tasks for extended periods, wear personal protective equipment, work overtime, weekends and holidays as required and willing to work all shifts.
High school diploma or GED required.
- At least two (2) years electrical experience in a manufacturing, industrial or similar environment.
- Working knowledge of PLC’s
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Minimum two (2) years technical schooling in an electrical field
Pay Rate and Schedule Starting rate of pay is $23.90per hour. After 90 days rate can increase to $27.60 per hour. Opportunities for promotion. Excellent benefits package.
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf