Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The UOP R&D Manufacturing and Product Technology (MPT) group focuses on the development and commercialization of new catalysts and adsorbents. The MPT supports prototype development, scale-up of new products, commercial trial runs, manufacturing robustness, manufacturing flexibility, capital planning, and procurement issues. Manufacturing and Product Technology is a key interface between R&D, Business and Manufacturing.
Currently, there is an opening for an R&D Engineer/Scientist within the Shreveport MPT group. This position will be accountable for supporting product development teams, safely completing lab and semi-works scale experiments, establishing procedures, coordinating production trial campaigns, and improving the semi-works development capabilities. A variety of chemistry, math, computer, mechanical, equipment, and problem solving skills are essential to succeed and progress in this role. Additional training and skills development may be required to maintain the technical abilities needed to meet the increasing technical challenges for researching, developing, and manufacturing catalysts.
Specific accountabilities for this role are:
- Interfacing with project teams to develop prototypes, perform cost estimates, coordinate scale-up activities, and organize manufacturing trials.
- Provide trial support including run coverage for Shreveport and other sites, responding to technical issues, communicating status to plant/development personnel, and documentation of results.
- Exploring new process technologies to improve manufacturing capabilities.
- Provide manufacturing support on production issues, improvement projects, etc.
- Ensuring that semi-works equipment is designed, constructed, and maintained to allow for safe operation.
- Identification of process and analytical equipment, development of NDWS, verification of permit requirements, and implementation of projects.
- Performing or scheduling basic routine maintenance and equipment modification.
- Responsible procurement, handling, accounting and disposition of experimental materials.
- Recommending changes in procedures and equipment to improve efficiency or data quality.
- Proposing test procedures, or adapting established procedures, to generate data on a new material or application.
- Drawing conclusions from the data based on prior experience.
- Communicating results in a clear and concise manner using established departmental procedures.
- Contribute WIDS and patents to protect UOP technology.
- Provide training and coaching to plant personnel.
Innovation / Design Analysis
Research and Development
YOU MUST HAVE
Bachelors Degree in Engineering
Minimum of 2 years manufacturing or research experience
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
A strong mechanical aptitude is desired
Effective written and oral communication skills
Good interpersonal skills and ability to function effectively with multiple departments
Ability to lead multi-disciplinary project teams
Some travel may be required to support other sites and joint ventures
8725 Mooringsport Rd, Shreveport, LA 71107 USA