RJ Murray Co., Inc. is an HVAC Distributor that offers stability, a comfortable environment, market leading products and a robust employee network that stands behind those products. Our primary brand is Carrier, a market leader in HVAC-R brand recognition, quality, efficiency and technology. We are a family owned business since 1933 and are Carrier's oldest operating distributor. We are seeking a Controls Specialist who will assist our contractors, dealers, and mechanical customers in the design, selling, and supporting of our controls applications.
We don't just sell HVAC products, we provide solutions for our customers.
Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Assisting in the designing, selling and supporting Controls applications
- Carrier Controls – i-Vu, OPEN BACnet, OPEN Controllers, OPEN VVT, CCN
- Technical support to dealers and contractors via phone, email, and site visits
- Design and conduct technical product training classes on a regular basis for our customers
- Attend training classes both on site and off site
- Be customer oriented and willing to travel
- Build the position into a department that supports our customer base
- Back up the Service Manager
- 5+ years experience in the Residential and Commercial HVAC industry with electronics experience and/or Building Automation System Controls Engineer experience helpful.
- Technical support and Field Service experience required.
- Independent, self learner, and desire for high quality products and systems.
- Must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- Exceptional computer skills required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Candidate should be career oriented
- Ability to climb ladders, get on roofs and not afraid of heights
- Great position for past System Engineer, Controls Technician, Controls Engineer, Controls System Technician, Building Automation Technician.
Candidates must be a self-starter, proficient with computers, and work well under pressur and in high-pressure situations. This position required technical knowledge and patience. You must have good organizational skills, the ability to manage varied tasks simultaneously and work well with associates and customers. Candidate should be able to put out high quality work in a fast paced environment and be career oriented. Qualified candidate will be eligible for advancement.
Carrier Corporation is the world’s recognized leader in the HVAC industry and the R.J. Murray Company, Inc. is the oldest wholesale distributor of Carrier products, in business since 1933. We represent over 100 manufacturers of HVAC equipment, parts and supplies. Our customer base includes: Dealers, Mechanical Contractors, Industrials, Property Managers, Military, Local, State and Federal Government as well as exporting. Our newly opened main distribution facility is centrally located in Latham, N.Y. near the Albany Airport. Branch office location is Williston, VT. We offer an excellent work environment, professional staff, and are leaders in our industry.
R. J. Murray Co. is an equal opportunity employer and offers the following fringe benefits:
*401k plan with employer contributions
*Paid sick and personal time off
*Long and short term disability insurance
*Employee discounts available
*Flexible Spending Plan
*Sunmark Credit Union member
R.J. Murray Co., Inc., 7 Northway Lane, Latham, NY 12110, Phone 518-690-4455 www.rjmurray.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance