Oklahoma Boiler & Equipment (OBE) is seeking a motivated, outgoing, energetic Sales Engineer to work out of Oklahoma City. Oklahoma Boiler is part of a 48-year-old company with deep roots in boilers and related mechanical equipment capable of design through start up and ongoing maintenance.
The Sales Engineer will serve as the lead on equipment sales in the state of Oklahoma with possible extension into Arkansas and Southwest Missouri.
- Reviews design/build and plan/specifications projects to select equipment represented by OBE & quote the trade.
- Works with contractors, engineers and owners to select the correct equipment for design build projects.
- Cold call contractors, owners and engineering firms within territory to familiarize them with products represented.
- Consults with existing and potential clients to assess and understand equipment needs and system requirements.
- Drafts or assists with the drafting of presentations and other documentation and materials that explain products and services to customers.
- Ensures that customer needs are met, which may include product modifications.
- Proposes improved materials or products to customers and explains benefits of changes.
- Provides support to customers and resolves problems with installed equipment.
- Prepares product orders and schedules deliveries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills with a proven ability to explain technical products to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to apply engineering, technology, or other related principles to product sales.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Five years of experience in design or installation of mechanical equipment required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods driving a vehicle.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Sales Experience: 2 years (Preferred)