Electrical Engineer (level dependent on experience)
The Electrical Engineer will design, develop and support products which rely upon electric actuation for functionality. A successful Electrical Engineer will have a background in the design of vehicle electrical systems, selection / integration of components to meet system requirements, and a demonstrated ability to assist in troubleshooting control systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Design electrical systems to meet requirements of customized vehicle orders.
- Design major parts and assemblies, utilizing CAD (Draftsight, SolidWorks Electrical and SolidWorks 3D) to ensure proper form, fit, and function of design.
- Prepare calculations for design adequacy in areas of component design.
- Determine root cause and resolution of vehicle integration problems on the production floor.
- Prepare and/or check bills of material, create new part numbers, and manage engineering change orders.
- Use knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete designs.
- Exercise ingenuity to solve problems without extensive supervision.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Meet deadlines while completing each job thoroughly and accurately.
- Use foresight to identify and minimize risks associated with vehicle operations or maintenance.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with Getman Corporation employees to ensure a cooperative and productive work environment.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering field from an accredited university (with strong knowledge in electric system and circuits).
- At least three years of experience with potential of expanding position/responsibilities for candidates with seven or more years of experience.
- Previous hands on experience with electrical equipment, either through previous employment, personal interests, or other non-engineering positions.
SKILLS, TALENTS AND/OR CHARACTERISTICS
- Thorough understanding of electrical circuits and system functions.
- Candidates must have excellent leadership, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude demonstrated through work experience or hobbies.
- Knowledge of electronic components such as Micro controllers, PLCs, etc. and vehicle CANbus is beneficial.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, lean manufacturing, and continuous improvement processes is beneficial.