PLANT MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Job Posting Number 100002
HSF FOODS LTD - Centreville, NB
HSF Foods is a leading manufacturer of potato flakes and potato flour. Our products are used in a variety of consumer goods such as potato snacks, mash potatoes, food service industry, as well as baked products.
Established in 2006, we continue to grow and expand our operation. We have a recipe for success which involves building on our core strengths, innovation, world class manufacturing facilities, and superior products. We are looking for talented individuals to support our growth both with modernizing our existing operations as well as diversification of our product offerings.
We are expanding our operations to include in-house engineering and design capabilities. We require a lead mechanical engineer to oversee all aspects of mechanical design for existing and future operations. Design tasks will extend from plant HVAC to high pressure steam piping, food grade products to diesel genset and steam power systems. Design requirements extend from concept through fabrication by in-house staff and commissioning. Our team prides itself on it’s ability to take on any project to support the growth and success of the company. Reporting to the Vice President, the Plant Mechanical Engineer will work cooperatively with other plant engineering, technical, and fabrication staff to ensure sound design of all mechanical systems on site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE ROLE
- Become familiar with existing plant mechanical systems (process areas, HVAC, boilers, turbines, etc.)
- Designing enhancements/troubleshooting existing plant systems to improve productivity and reliability.
- Developing new and updating existing plant drawings (P&IDs, piping, HVAC, etc.)
- Working with maintenance teams to maintain and improve plant reliability
- Working the engineering group to improve existing or develop new plant standards and management processes
- Work with fabrication teams to design process equipment, piping ISOs, piping supports, size/spec control valves, prepare BOM, coordinate procurement with purchasing, and oversee installation to ensure design is properly implemented.
- Ability to research and understand how to refurbish and re-use second hand equipment for new processes.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering codes/standards necessary to carry out all design aspects on site (i.e., ASTM B31.1 for cogeneration plant piping, ASHRAE for building HVAC).
- Determine scope, estimate budgets, and generate schedules for mechanical aspects of project (new and maintenance)
- Support plant shutdowns in coordination with all plant personnel.
- Work with parts/purchasing departments for stocking mechanical equipment and tools.
- Work with Inspections New Brunswick, ACI central, etc., to coordinate permits for existing and new projects.
- Ensure compliance to Safe Quality Food programs (SQF), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), customer requirements, and HACCP program.
- Ensure employee safety and compliance to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations of New Brunswick
WHAT TYPE OF CANDIDATE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Registered Professional Engineer with APEGNB including at least 10 years of documented experience in similar field of work (food processing, power generation, solid fuel/biomass boilers, water/wastewater, chemical processes, HVAC, plant and building mechanical services).
- Knowledge and experience implementing safe work practices in operation of process and power plants
- Must be a self-starter who works well independently and as part of a team.
- Cross-functional team leadership and demonstrated experience in personnel/contractor management.
- Strong oral and verbal skills with outstanding interpersonal and professional manners to communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Must be resourceful to investigate, problem solve, troubleshoot and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Able to communicate effectively with direct reports, contractors, team members, and upper management.
- Able to effectively schedule contractors and supplier deliveries.
- Able to diplomatically resolve conflicts and disputes.
- Ability to prioritize tasks efficiently, manage time, and remain focused on desired outcomes (manage multiple projects at a time)
- Flexibility to recognize, re prioritize, and still complete objectives.
Salary and benefits will be based on years of experience, capabilities, as well as additional metrics.
If you are interested in this opportunity, submit a cover letter and your resume via email or fax 1-506-276-3626 stating the position you are applying for.
Please reference Job Posting Number 100002 in subject line for emailed applications.
HSF Foods Ltd.