Chesapeake, VA; Newburg, MD; Washington, DC; Cleveland, OH; Elkins, WV; Columbus, OH; Indiana; Pittsburgh, PA
We are not only one of the nation’s largest construction companies, but a widely recognized, self-performing contractor with a large and sophisticated workforce. We continue to grow in strength and reputation building on our roots of core values and faith-based principals. Bring your heavy highway and/or heavy industrial background to our unified family and build a successful future.
As our Project Engineer, we’ll rely on you to plan, develop, coordinate, and manage on-site construction engineering activities for various projects. Your experience managing project engineering and related personnel functions will help you as you take charge of personnel planning and administration, work assignments, disciplinary actions, etc. You will also ensure project engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements and support the overall construction schedule (Primavera P6). Providing technical support for construction efforts, you’ll participate in construction planning and design; interpretation of design; application of construction methods; resolution and documentation of design conflicts; contractibility reviews, etc. You will oversee all pre-construction services, design build services, and business development for the projects. You’ll enjoy working only 45-50 hours a week, Monday-Friday, and will be home with family each night! Very rarely will you work weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction-management degree or equivalent technical training and related experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ construction engineering experience
- Advanced knowledge of construction engineering technology, codes, standards, etc.
- In-depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of varied disciplines
- Registration as a Professional Engineer preferred, but not required
- Building experience in any of the following is a plus: industrial-water/wastewater treatment plant; powerplant, heavy highway (big interstates, roads, bridges); or marine construction
- Experience working for $100M project preferred, but not required
- Must be willing to relocate permanently
What You Can Expect from Us
- Competitive compensation and a host of generous employee benefits including medical coverage, WellCare reimbursement, life insurance, disability coverage
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Company profit-sharing 25% of the revenue divided among eligible employees
- Paid time off and holidays
- Many unexpected extras to help preserve an all-important work/life balance
- You’ll also like knowing we have a “Grow Your Own” philosophy, which means we promote from within
- Relocation assistance
About our Company
We are a family-owned company, offering clients the accessibility of a local firm with the stability and resources of the largest contractor in the region. Our team members are respected experts in the industry, with an endless drive for innovation and the ability to solve construction's toughest challenges, this, coupled with our capacity to self-perform up to 80 percent of the work on projects.
If you want to grow with an industry leader, join the team. Click “Apply Now” to submit your updated resume for consideration.
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- construction engineering technology, codes, standards, etc.: 1 year (Preferred)
- construction engineering: 5 years (Required)