Powersmiths is a member of the Socomec SAS corporate family of companies, a global organization with nearly a century of success in providing innovative solutions within the energy industry.
Powersmiths provides integrated energy and environmental solutions, and with Socomec SAS, integrated products for energy storage and critical power. Our products are designed for a wide range of applications in the building renewal market space, data centers, power distribution, power management and critical power markets.
Powersmiths’ team of highly skilled professionals has been serving the market for over 20 years. Our customers are located across the USA and in Canada.
Powersmiths is committed to designing and manufacturing innovative products that serve the growing market in environmental sustainability, clean tech, and energy conservation.
About This Role
As a member company of Socomec SAS, Powersmiths has become the North American hub for integrated power transformation, energy storage, power distribution system design and manufacturing. With access to numerous technology centers beyond North America, Powersmiths is now designing and developing a new line of exciting and innovative products for the global power market.
As a result of our recent integration with Socomec SAS, Powersmiths has new and significant opportunities for growth.
This is a key role within the Operations Team that will serve as the company’s quality expert, managing the ISO9001/14001 system and enhancing a culture of quality throughout the business. Our products are low volume, highly technical, complex and customized.
This new position reports to the Director, Operations.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Essential Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
· Bachelors Degree in Engineering
· Certification in Quality, Six Sigma, or Lean Manufacturing are definite assets
· Minimum 5 years of experience in a quality engineering capacity
· Working experience in a manufacturing environment with electrical products in various stages of prototyping, commercialization and production
· Strong and effective experience with ISO9001/ISO 14001 Environmental and Quality Management Systems
· Familiar with environmental regulations in Canada and the USA (e.g. California Prop 65)
· An appreciation and passion for mitigating the environmental impacts of manufacturing (products, processes, packaging, recycling, energy conservation, etc)
· Familiarity and/or experience working in a engineering/technical organization with strict document control processes and procedures
· Strong technical writing abilities and presentation skills
· Able to communicate effectively from senior management to shop floor
· Strong analytic problem solving capabilities
· Proven track record in implementing and enhancing processes related to quality and environmental risk management
· Thrives in a fast-paced innovative environment where several interdependent technologies and products are being developed simultaneously
· Demonstrates initiative and a passion for achieving results
· Resourceful, innovative and energetic
· Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
· Strong project management and organizational skills
· Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
· Ability to travel to international destinations; must possess and maintain a valid passport for international travel.
Powersmiths offers competitive salaries and an excellent group health benefits plan.
Continue to advance your career in an environment that promotes customer-centric innovation, the pursuit of excellence and embraces diversity and respect, all while making a valuable contribution towards clean tech, energy conservation, and environmental sustainability.
Learn more at www.powersmiths.com
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this job, please upload your résumé and a detailed cover letter.
Please reply to this ad through Indeed only, which makes it easier for us to communicate with you.
Upon request, we will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We thank all those who apply. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent