Navatek LLC is a world leader in the design, analysis, and construction of novel ships, underwater vehicles, and other ocean systems. Founded in 1979 and operating out of offices in Honolulu, Hawaii, South Kingstown, Rhode Island, Portland, Maine, and Arlington, Virginia, Navatek supports military and industry in developing systems that can survive the harsh ocean environment.
Job Summary/General Description::
Senior mechanical engineer with experience from concept design through build management for mechanical systems with an emphasis on program management. Must be willing to work on a range of systems including: boats, amphibious vehicles, and ground vehicles. Some understanding of hydraulic, pneumatic, and electronic systems required. Experience developing design packages for system construction required. An understanding tracked and wheeled ground vehicles a plus. Experience in controlled inflation of parts a plus. Travel between Providence, RI and Honolulu, HI necessary during construction phases of programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities::
Education and Experience::
- Engineering of mechanical systems and system of systems including hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic, and structural.
- Development of technical data packages sufficient for building systems and parts.
- Construction oversight of system specific installation, benchmarking, and dockside testing.
- Test support of systems during builder’s trials.
- Pricing, purchasing support, and budgetary reporting during systems construction.
- Program management including reporting to government.
- Bachelors degree in an engineering field.
- 5-15+ years of experience in mechanical or systems engineering position.
- Experience with US Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and/or Air Force a plus.
- Previous program management
- Experienced using CAD: ProE, Solidworks, Rhino, AutoCAD, C++.
- Experience building cost and schedule with Excel or MS Project.
- U.S. Citizen or Green Card required.
This position will be located in Portland, Maine. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee background check and post-offer drug screen.