MK Industries is now hiring an Engineer Industrial 2 in Newport News, VA. Work will be performed at a facility of a major defense contractor.
Pay Rate: $26.48 to $ 29.42 per hour, based on experience.
This position is first shift, Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm.
- Analyzes and designs sequence of operations and workflow to improve efficiencies in plant and production facilities and equipment layouts; and establishes methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel
- May establish or assist in establishing accident prevention measures and may manage training programs for personnel concerning all phases of production operations
- Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems
- On the basis of these studies, develops and implements plans and programs for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods
- May assist facilities engineers in the planning and design of facilities
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Industrial/Manufacturing/Systems Engineering, or similar engineering discipline, or the equivalent in technical training plus 0 to1 year of related experience
- Previous Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering, Production Planning or Trades and Construction management experience is preferred
- May require the ability to physically access a wide variety of work sites, including those aboard ships under various stages of construction/overhaul, including the use of vertical or inclined ladders, and may involve limited kneeling, stooping, standing, etc
- May require the ability to obtain and retain specific security clearances as well as full or partial radiation or asbestos worker qualifications
- Individual must have knowledge and/or experience performing time studies
- Individual must be able to perform data analysis on data collected from the time study
- Individual should have experience using MS Excel (preferred)
- Individual must be available to work at least one second shift per week
- This position does not require, clearance, driving, or travel.
-This position will require going into the yard on occasion and this will require PPE- steel toes, eye protection, ear protection, and hard hat
Job Type: Temporary
Pay: $26.48 - $29.42 per hour