Automation PLC/HMI/SCADA Programmer (Entry Level) – Full-Time – Midland, Texas
CORE Automated Fueling Solutions is the fastest growing pure-play Automated Fueling Technology provider in the Permian Basin and Nationwide. Our revolutionary technology delivers unprecedented levels of efficiencies and effectiveness for the hydraulic fracturing industry. Our mission is to be the leader in Automated Fueling Solutions in the United States, while increasing our fleets’ capacity to provide outstanding, adaptive solutions to better serve our customers and the communities where we operate.
Our company values include: Ownership, Transparency, Integrity, Faith, Respect, and Safety.
What we are looking for:
Ambitious IDEC PLC/HMI Programmer that wants to move up quickly in a high-growth company. Apply electrical engineering technical skills alongside programming expertise in supporting and improving an effective, efficient system design that matches customers specifications. You will provide input on how the equipment will talk to each other as well as integrate with other systems. You will also provide a level of technical support to our team and our customers.
The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, reliable, demonstrate a desire to learn and is capable of adapting quickly across job functions and responsibilities.
- Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade PLC hardware, programming software, HMI and HMI support
- Support, create and deliver simple HMI interfaces that make the equipment easy and intuitive to use out in the field.
- Support PLC/HMI code development, code installation, debug on job site, and commissioning of the complete system.
- Perform instrumentation calibrations, loop tuning, troubleshooting, communication installations, and SCADA integration.
- Assist and advise design systems to suit the customer specifications provided to us through the quoting process.
- Support and oversee wiring of electrical panels and PLCs
- Testing of program and equipment functions.
- Assure design meets customer specifications and contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Provide a level of troubleshooting support for system issues in the field.
- Assist in the training of new field technicians.
- Play an active role in the testing of equipment prior to field deployment.
- Advise on new approaches, parts, techniques that can make our systems and processes more efficient and cost effective.
- Proven track record in IDEC PLC programming and systems automation.
- Ability to develop and implement standard engineering practices and provide detailed documentation upon project completion.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position (Preferred).
- BS in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering (Desired).
- Experience in Petroleum and Oil & Gas industries (Desired).
- Experience in Modbus, TCIP, BacNet and other forms of communication (Preferred).
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to think designs through completely.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- IDEC PLC/HMI Programming experience required
- Analysis and design skills
- Presenting technical information.
- Control Engineering.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Peachtree, Solidworks and other design programs (Preferred)
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft Office suite (Required).
- Project Management skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Problem solving
- IT and numerical skills.
- Communication and Teamwork skills.
- Ability to handle responsibility and the pressure of meeting deadlines.
- PLC programming: 2 years (Required)
- HMI and SCADA applications and integration
- Midland, Texas (Preferred)
- Great benefits
- PTO provided in first year
- Great working environment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Oil & Gas: 2 years (Preferred)
- Programmable Logic Controllers: 2 years (Preferred)
- SCADA: 2 years (Preferred)
- IDEC PLC/HM Programming: 2 years (Required)
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday