Recruiting for Magna’s upcoming newest Seating Division:
- Location: Magna Seating Columbus (MSC) Lancaster, OH 43130
- Position: Manufacturing Engineer
- Resumes: For consideration, submit resume with salary requirement
Magna is a company of entrepreneurs dedicated to delivering new mobility solutions. We are a technology company, one of the world’s largest suppliers to the automotive industry. Our agility and expertise make us the ideal partner for autonomy, electrification and building complete vehicles.
At Magna, our philosophy is our people are our greatest asset. They imagine what’s next, determine what’s needed, and do what it takes to make it possible. We invite partners, customers and consumers to become part of the process. Together, anything is possible.
This position applies technical knowledge and expertise in the development and implementation of new and improved manufacturing processes, procedures and equipment. Ensures that the design specifications and procurement of manufacturing equipment, tooling, fixtures etc. meet company requirements and objectives. Promote and support Production and MPS culture, methods and activities
The Manufacturing Engineer works independently and interdependently within various interdepartmental teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Plan, co-ordinate, lead, and participate in various multi-disciplined teams in addressing and fulfilling various corporate objectives, associated with the manufacturing process, productivity, volume outputs, scrap/rework, quality, safety, and delivery commitments
- Maintain current with the overall field of Manufacturing Engineering, new technology, and processes, attending training courses as needed
- Define specification and the statement of work, procurement of various quotations for approval, develop, maintain and execute the implementation plan for new equipment
- Champion continuous improvement program’s area of responsibility
- Develop and maintain documentation for: EFMEA, PFMEA, PFC, Job Element Sheets (JES), Rework, Change-over procedure and instructions, Manufacturing Engineering Open Issues, Equipment capacity, Time studies, Operator issues
- Source and develop outside vendors and resources that are capable in performing work to MSC specifications
- Take a leadership role in the development and implementation of 8D’s corrective actions (C.A.R.’s)
- Coordinate the execution of internal PPAP projects
- Ensure manufacturing processes comply with pertinent health and safety legislation, practices and procedures
- Plan, coordinate and develop prototype builds and budgets to meet program timetables
- Plan and lead the launch of new programs, new equipment and retro fits
- Work directly with machine integrators and manage timelines and progress reports
- Responsible for equipment being provided by O.E.M, to adhere to MSC equipment specifications
- Plan and lead for new gauge and check fixtures for new and existing programs
- Adhering to all the IATF 16949 policies and procedures
- The Manufacturing Engineer also possesses a reporting relationship in the form of direct liaison with Sales Coordinator, Product Engineer, Manufacturing, Production Design and Quality Assurance to fulfill the various objectives of the organization
- Must comply with all ISO 14001 (Environmental) and OHSAS 18001 (Health and Safety) systems and standards as it pertains to their work
- Abide by all AODA and C-TPAT procedures that apply to their position
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree/ Diploma in either Mechanical, Manufacturing, Production, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years industrial experience, preferably in either Tool and Die making, metal fabrication, and/or assembly process
- Computer skills in Auto Cad, Microsoft Word, Excel, Project
The salary for this position is based upon training, education and experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer along with being a drug free workplace. Thank you for your interest in Magna!
Job Type: Full-time
- Assembly Process: 3 years (Preferred)
- Tool & Die Making: 3 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- Metal Fabrication: 3 years (Preferred)