The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Wet End Maintenance Supervisor position available at our Grand Forks Plant located in Grand Forks, ND.
Direct and coordinate the maintenance of the plant's process maintenance to ensure maximum operating efficiency in a safe, cost effective and timely manner. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager, together with the Packaging Maintenance Supervisor, Project Engineer, Electrical Maintenance Supervisor and Boiler & Refrigeration Supervisor. It is the responsibility of this position to maintain the plant process equipment to ensure the equipment is kept in top condition at all times for the best operating performance. This position is accountable for maintaining the plant in a clean, organized and presentable manner. This position is accountable for maintaining and upgrading all equipment in his/her accountability area, specifically processing equipment, with minimal downtime. This position helps train and supervises the maintenance workforce to ensure the quality and quantity of work performance meets the necessary requirements in a safe manner to meet operational goals.
* Ensures that the Plant Policies, Procedures and Union contracts are administered and followed in a fair and consistent manner.
* Directs the loss control program in his/her area of accountability, to reduce personal injury accidents, other losses, and to ensure a safe working environment.
* Is responsible to attend and participate in training activities appropriate to the position and to incorporate acquired skills and knowledge.
* Is responsible for identifying the training needs of subordinates, ensuring their participation in appropriate training activities, and reinforcing subordinate’s skill development with coaching, feedback and recognition.
* Maintains awareness of new developments, equipment and processes for potential applications to meet corporate and plant objectives.
* Recommends equipment, procedural and facility modifications to ensure the most efficient use of our resources.
* Directs the process areas maintenance functions to ensure the maximum operating efficiencies are maintained to meet minimal downtime, quality, volume, grade yield, safety and cost control performance.
* Ensures that the parts inventory for equipment in his/her area is adequate to meet maintenance needs.
* Is accountable for identifying potential capital projects and repair jobs in his/her area.
* Provide technical services to ensure conformance with applicable codes and standards of safety, quality, sanitation and environmental protection. Must understand the codes and standards.
* Bachelor's Degree from 4 year college or university
* Three plus years related experience and/or training.
* Potato processing experience. Hydraulics, pneumatics, welding, sheet metal work, millwright trade, and basic electrical knowledge.
* Mechanical aptitude, strong mathematical, verbal and written communication skills.
* Disclaimer - These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
* Combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered for this position.
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervising: 1 year (Required)
- maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement