BG Products, Inc. – Tools & Equipment Division located in Derby, Kansas manufactures and distributes a broad line of specialty Tools/ Equipment for use in the Automotive Professional Trade Industry through a network of distributors worldwide.
The Machinist position will work in collaboration with the Manufacturing Team to operate a wide variety of CNC mills and lathes.
Duties and responsibilities
- Be proficient at setting up and troubleshooting all lathes or all mills in the machining department.
- Setup equipment to machine parts to specification using machine tools such as lathes or mills.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, or engineering information to verify the methods or sequences of operations needed to machine parts.
- Confer with Engineering and the CNC Programmers to evaluate new or existing parts and recommend changes or modifications to improve efficiency and adaptability to setup and production.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools or materials onto machines.
- Accurately read and interpret engineering drawings and work instructions to ensure machined parts meet all quality specifications.
- Use measuring instruments or gauges to assure conformance to all quality specifications.
- Observe and listen to operating machines in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment to keep machines operational.
- Identify dull tooling and replace as necessary.
- Machine quality parts to meet production schedules and delivery requirements.
- Work with other machinists to help resolve machine issues.
- Document part quantities both accepted and rejected.
- Complete documentation to meet all ISO requirements.
- Adhere to all company quality and safety policies.
- Separate and dispose scrap or waste material in accordance with company policies and environmental regulations.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment to a like new appearance.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a professional manner.
- Maintain a clean and professional workplace appearance.
- Other duties as assigned
- CNC Machines – Turning Tools, Boring Bars, Threaders, End Mills, Face Mills, Boring Head.
- Precision Instruments – Calipers, Micrometers, Height Stand, Threaded Plug Gauges, Ring Gauges, Gauge Pins, Radius Gauges, ID Micrometers, Bore Gauges, ID Calipers.
- Manual/Hand Equipment – Drill Press, Dotco, Bridgeport Mill, Manual Lathe, Dremel.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· (3 to 5) years of Precision Machining Experience required.
· On-the-job training will be provided for specific job assignments.
BG is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at BG is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. BG does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Machining: 3 years (Preferred)
- CNC lathe: 3 years (Preferred)
- Set Up: 3 years (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place