Account Manager / Sales Engineer / Outside Sales
At PTI, we value professional, self-driven individuals willing to accept new and exciting challenges every day. The successful candidate for this role will have a strong technical understanding of our products and our customers’ businesses. This knowledge enables you to convey how our products help customers solve their technical problems.
The successful candidate will also have a diverse understanding of complex problem-solving techniques. They will be able to apply their technical knowledge and skills to provide both internal and external advice. They will support our customers through the entire sales cycle.
In addition, they will understand our client’s product requirements and help them validate those requirements against our product while identifying any technical risks and provide mitigation strategies when needed. They will work in the Factory Automation and Process Control Automation environments. They will also communicate customer needs and product feedback to the PTI leadership team.
- Develop strong relationships with customers, inside sales and product manufacturers as a trusted advisor to facilitate solution improvements.
- Perform product demonstrations (both virtual and in-person).
- Proactively guide customers through their product options and advise solutions based on their needs.
- Identify any custom technical requirements and coordinate as necessary with the team.
- Provide technical guidance to customers and inside sales for RFQ’s.
- Share sales and product insights along with feedback to the PTI leadership team to facilitate new features and updates.
- Translate technical information for a variety of audiences.
Must have or be willing to develop the below:
- Understanding of basic AC and DC electricity
- Understanding of Pressure, Temperature, Flow and Level measurement and control
- Understanding of Flow Control valves and fluid dynamics
- Understanding of basic chemistry for gas and liquid analytical measurement applications
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications and commercial terms
- Ability to manage multiple task with accuracy in daily work flow
- Ability and desire to learn and take ownership of position responsibilities
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong understanding of customer service
- Willingness to challenge oneself and others to grow and succeed
Qualified Candidates will have the following:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a sales engineer or solutions engineer.
- Engineering or technical degree preferred.
- Formal Sales Training preferred.
- Process Control or Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to make effective customer presentations.
- Strong leadership skills to own and lead all technical aspects of the sales process.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple accounts/opportunities.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience required.
- Experience with CRM software.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Sales Experience: 5 years (Preferred)