As a fast growing Audio/Video Integration company located in Somerset County our company designs, installs and commissions control rooms, conference rooms and building-wide audio/video systems. We are passionate about our work, operate as a team and most of all, believe our people (team) make all the difference. Successful candidates are eager to develop their professional career and care deeply about what they do. Our office is located in Somerset County, but our work is throughout NJ and NYC as well as the occasional out of town job. Candidates must have reliable transportation to get to and from the office. During working hours company transportation will be provided.
The opening is for an AV Field Engineer with a strong work ethic, good attitude, professional demeanor, passion for technology, and who is looking for a career, not just a job. Successful candidates must display good customer service skills that include good oral and written communication, interpersonal abilities, and the ability to interact in a positive way with a wide variety of clients, as well as fellow employees, management, and office personnel. Creating a great customer experience and positive team cohesiveness is imperative to our success.
Our company promotes and rewards client-focused behavior, entrepreneurial thinking, teamwork, integrity and a passion for success. If you are looking for a job with room to grow, this is it!
The ideal candidate will have a background in A/V and good customer service skills. Candidates should have experience in installing audio-visual systems, terminating video/audio cabling and installing components such as wall plates, speakers, cameras and displays. Ability to trouble-shoot basic audio, video, and control system problems is a requirement along with formalized certifications on major bands of audio visual systems and components. Related experience in similar industries will be considered. The successful candidate must be hard working, computer proficient, have a valid drivers license and be a real team player. On the job and formal training will be a great benefit offered to successful candidate for this position. Candidate should be able to read and understand AV Flow Diagrams produced by engineering in order to wire, terminate and build AV systems in the field.
- Wire CAT6 data jacks; install and terminate speakers; install TVs, automation processors, amplifiers and sound processors.
- Install video wall displays, video wall processors, network switches and fiber optic cables.
- Program automation processors and digital sound processors.
- Project coordination will be a requirement to include interfacing with Architects, General Contractor, Electrical Contractor and clients throughout the entire phase of the projects assigned to assure project integration and completion.
- Commission Basic projects
- Provide Client Trainings
- Attend manufacturers training as needed
- Digital sound processor (DSP) configuration
- Video wall configuration
- Self-study to take Certified Technology Specialist and/or Certified Technology Specialist - Design exam (fees paid by company).
- Willingness to work flexible schedules including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- High School diploma or the equivalent
- Valid NJ Driver’s License
- Satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check process (includes drug screen)
- Must be able to travel to and from job site.
- 3 years experience required. Must have Crestron and BiAmp experience.
- Motivated Self-starter
- Cooperative and Trainable
- Tech Savvy
- Safety Conscious
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in accordance with company’s policies and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when needed.
- Must comply with dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work the occasional night and some weekends.
- Must be in good physical shape
- stand, kneel and/or crouch for long periods of time
- climb ladders and scaffolding
- lift in excess of 50 pounds
Job Type: Full-time
- Audio Video: 3 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative