Our employees are the reason for our success
Position Summary This position supports the Quality Manager and the facility in the development and execution of quality functions to ensure product compliance to applicable customer and regulatory specifications.
Position Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
2 Qualifications-Education/Experience Required:
- Facilitates Customer Concern management by receiving, tracking, assessing, and responding to customer complaints. Works as customer interface focused on problem resolution.
- Works on Root Cause investigation and implementation of effective/robust Corrective and Preventive Actions (8D/5Y/DDW/Fishbone/C&E, etc).
- Facilitates Continuous Improvement Program including - error proofing/defect elimination, scrap reduction, waste elimination using DMAIC/LEAN/5S problem solving process/tools, and RPN reduction plans.
- Performs data & document control including - development, revising, and training of Standards Operating Procedures (SOP), forms, and core documents; PFD/CP/PFMEA’s.
- Maintains TS16949 certification; support compliance to customer specific requirements (APQP / PPAP / MSA / AIAG: CQI-9 / A2LA Lab Accreditation).
- Maintains the QOS measurable system - including Cost of Quality and Management Review Metrics.
- Supports PPAP submissions/process.
- Performs GR&R / Cpk studies / Run @ Rate / MSA studies.
- Supports APQP Process / Mfg Feasibility Evaluation.
- Works with suppliers / supplier quality engineers to identify root cause and implement corrective actions and administer supplier charge back process as appropriate.
- Participates in quality management training and development of programs. Conducts training of employees.
- Complies with all quality system requirements as indicated by system audits or assessments and on-going refinement through follow-up and correction action.
- Keeps up-to-date on quality arena and latest developments through professional societies, educational institutions, and periodicals.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
o Bachelor’s degree in quality, engineering (mechanical, manufacturing or
industrial) or related field with at least 1 year of quality assurance experience in a manufacturing environment or o At least a high school diploma/GED with minimum of 5 years of quality assurance
experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proven knowledge of quality systems and procedures including TS 16949, QS9000 and/or ISO9000
- Excellent print reading ability, including GDT requirements
- Strong knowledge of MSA requirements
- Strong math background
- Proficient Microsoft Office Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Certification by American Society for Quality such as CQE, CQA
- Knowledge of fastener manufacturing process
- Supervisory skills
- Knowledge of error proofing techniques / use of sensors / PLC's to improve process output
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma training and/or experience
- Business Acumen: Knowledge of general business practices as well as knowledge of the organizations functioning: An understanding of organizational culture and the ability to function effectively within its social structure.
- Collaboration: Understanding the importance of relationships to enabling effective teamwork. Modifying personal style, focusing on the needs of others and listening effectively to ensure effective outcomes for group endeavors
- Innovation: Taking a multi-faceted approach to problem solving and creation of novel solutions to problems. Championing organization wide learning and sharing of information. Taking a viewpoint that is broader than their immediate group or department and encompassing external factors.
- Detail Oriented: Appreciates the importance of attending to details that affect quality, timeliness and goal achievement.
We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, handicap, genetic infiltration, disability or status as a veteran. Fontana reserves the right to require a drug screening at any time during the employment process.