In this entry-level position, the candidate will develop and implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; this will include recommendation for and implementing improvements to production designs, tools/fixtures, processes, methods and controls. The incumbent will coordinate and/or assist manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Develop and implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods for company products in accordance with product specifications and quality standards
- Recommend and implement improvements to production designs, processes, methods and controls.
- Coordinate the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, generation of assembly documentation, training of team members and evaluating results
- Resolve design and process issues as they occur in production or indicated due to field issues.
- Design, develop and test and/or source product changes, tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods
- Confer with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of machinery and equipment according to specifications and quality standards.
- Confer with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes
- Apply analytical methods and perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiencies
- Prepare and maintain detailed layouts of systems, processes, and related equipment.
- Represent manufacturing/engineering on cross-functional teams. Role may be responsible for additional tasks or corrective actions from these as part of project or program initiatives.
- Specific duties may vary depending upon departmental requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (ME/EE/Manufacturing) or related field
- Minimum 1 year related experience in manufacturing of instrumentation or related field, or applicable academic classes
- Experience working with ISO, GMP and/or biotechnology industry organization is strongly preferred
- Proficiency with computer based engineering methods and computer tools
- Use of CAD tools (Solidworks preferred). Some programming LabView/Visual Basic/C/Java or similar experience is a plus
- Technical manufacturing/industrial background is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to perform problem analysis and problem resolution
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent documentation skills, technical writing and presentation skills are required
- Ability to work with vendors, customers and employees
- Can effectively communicate issues/problems and results that impact timelines, accuracy and reliability of project data
- Ability to maintain and promote a safe and orderly work environment
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected including the ability to multi-task and work productively in a controlled manufacturing environment.
Standard office environment - sitting, standing, typing. 50%
Work in light manufacturing area – Standing, crouching, sitting, lifting up to 50lbs, pulling/reaching up to 20 lbs., manual dexterity and hand tool operation. 50%
- Light manufacturing and/or engineering lab environment
- Standard office environment