TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
We built TikTok as a trusted platform to inspire creativity and enrich life. Our team protects users on our platform by promoting privacy by design; we design architectures that treats user data respectfully, with transparency, and in line with reasonable practices. Data privacy engineering is a new technological territory that hasn't been well defined in our industry; by joining the team, you will have chance to refine the data privacy framework, use advanced privacy technology, and make a big impact on TikTok and our community.
As a Software Engineer on our team, you will:
1. Design, build, and maintain systems that enhance privacy across the TikTok;
2. Work with engineering and product teams to ensure that TikTok is compliant with privacy laws and regulations from a technical perspective;
3. Respond to privacy incidents, if they occur, including collecting information on scope and root cause as well as managing remediation.
1. BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or related major, with 2 years of working experience;
2. Experienced in building backend services for large-scale consumer-facing applications;
3. Proficiency in at least one of following languages: Java, Go, C++, Python, Java;
4. Deep understanding of computer architectures, data structures and algorithms;
5. Good team communication and collaboration skills.
1. 2+ years of industry experience developing and implementing privacy features and solutions;
2. Ability to communicate across disciplines (e.g. engineering, legal, policy).
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn't be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $94,901.00 - $192,951.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Angular: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings