1 Howard St, Burlington, VT, USA
Cox Automotive is currently looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our Consumer Data Sets team in Burlington, VT.
At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take an important role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our software engineers are part of an energetic team that build world-class solutions to benefit the auto buying public, dealers and manufacturers. At Cox Automotive, youll be immersed in an environment that values your technical leadership, teamwork and creative problem-solving techniques while encouraging you to continue to learn new skills and technologies.
Risk-taking is encouraged here and we reward great results. Collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do; from brain-storming sessions to sprint reviews, youll be immersed in an environment that encourages bringing fresh ideas to the table with an innovative mindset.
Technologies We Use:
- As a Lead Software Engineer on the Cox Automotive Consumer Data Sets team, you will be a part of a software team that designs, develops, tests, deploys, integrates and supports robust and scalable data products.
- Understands the teams priorities, influences architectural direction, and continually looks for ways to optimize performance & minimize costs.
- Communicates with other software engineers as well as Product and Architecture to influence the product backlog, architecture roadmap, and articulate technical decisions outside of the team.
- A successful candidate is self-motivated, with the drive to excel and exceed commitments. You thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere where wearing multiple hats is encouraged. You learn new skills and technology quickly. You have strong collaboration/communication skills, as you will be a member of a scrum team consisting of other software engineers and a product owner who are intensely collaborating in meaningful way. You are team oriented. You provide leadership in designing solutions as well as mentoring more junior developers and collaborating with peers.
- AWS cloud-native architectures in multiple regions
- DevOps Tools: Terraform, Jenkins, Github, Kubernetes, NewRelic, PagerDuty
- Lead a team of software engineers that design and develop code that consistently adheres to good programming practices; provide technical expertise to team members
- Actively engage in architectural sessions and provide solutions to complex problems
- Partake in code review and enforce good coding practices of unit tests, exception handling, reuse
- Performance tuning/scaling
- Ensures security best practices are followed
- Adheres to "infrastructure as code" principals and CI/CD best practices
- Collaborate with product managers and technologists to solve business problems
- Communicate with team, leadership, and stakeholders to articulate implementation decisions and technical direction
- Own with the team the adoption by stakeholders of developed products including educating stakeholders in those products
- Own technical innovation/debt backlog
- Live by Agile (particularly Scrum) principles and collaborate with team members using Agile techniques including test driven development, code reviews, and retrospectives
- Grow Cox Automotives position as an industry leader by exploring new technologies, languages, and techniques in the rapidly evolving world of software engineering
Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
BA/BS Degree in Computer Science (or related field) and 7+ years experience OR 11+ years experience equivalent
Passionate technologists with an innovative mindset
6+ years of professional application development experience with a proven ability to deliver projects on time
Hands-on experience with designing and implementing on AWS is preferred
Expertise with designing and implementing high volume web services
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Proven ability to work with team members to deliver projects on deadlines.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.