PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Sales Manager for OEM Thermal and Firestopping Products will be responsible for the growth and development of Promat’s business in these segments. They are responsible for establishing relationships with users of intumescent and firestopping products such as
· OEM’s -Fabicators - Consultants - Engineers - Distributors
To promote the use of Promat products & services in their specifications and contracts.
Success in this position will be evidenced in three areas:
· Achieving budgeted sales and margin goals in targeted segments
· Successful close rates on opportunities managed through our CRM
· Ability to develop productive external and internal relationship
- Understand the customer application requirements well enough to credibly demonstrate our value proposition.
- Build quality relationships with firestopping and intumescent product users, resellers, and specifiers.
- Assess and prioritize new opportunities based on earnings potential, resource requirements, timing, and company strategic initiatives
- Be highly active in firestopping / Intumescent industry to maximize Promat’s presence and business results.
- Fully utilize our CRM applications to share and use knowledge and track and communicate about sales opportunities and project tasks.
- Define, assess, and support growth opportunities for new and existing customers within markets and regions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Provide ongoing market feedback to product management and business development teams to guide future product development and innovation.
- Assist Promat leadership team during the business planning cycle related to sales forecast and segment strategy.
- Develop a full understanding of the competition, products, tactics and strategies to enable effective promotion and feedback.
- Administrative duties as is normally required for a travelling sales manager (CRM data management, trip and expense reports, white papers and market and customer presentations)
QUALIFICATIONS: Required Skills
- 5 + years of experience in firestopping, intumescent, or technical insulation products or in B2B sales within these areas
- Basic understanding firestopping / intumescent, applications, and US industry standards.
- Basic understanding of high-temperature thermal products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering or proven sales record within the industry
- Travel (40-60%) of the time both domestically and internationally.
- Awareness and compliance with the highest levels of workplace safety.
- English fluency and US citizenship
- Excellent organizational skills and informal leadership/influencing abilities.
- Ability to meet people with confidence and reserve; be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing and feel comfortable working with customers in the field.
- Experience with CRM and on-line sales tools, preferably Salesforce.com
- Participate and represent Promat at national and local trade shows and industry seminars.
Promat Inc., offers an excellent competitive salary and benefit package including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; 401 (k) with company match; and paid vacation and holidays.
- Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity employer, Promat Inc. values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace
Job Type: Full-time
- firestopping industry: 3 years (Required)
- sales: 3 years (Required)
- Maryville, TN (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Dental insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off