The Center for the Study of Services (CSS) is seeking an experienced MS Office developer to assist in the design and automated production of customized reports.
CSS conducts healthcare surveys on behalf of Medicare, state Medicaid programs, commercial health plans, and other healthcare and research organizations. We work with clients to design report templates that are used to produce hundreds of customized reports based on the survey results.
MS Office applications are used to design report templates, which are updated with client-specific results stored in SQL Server databases using VBA.
- At least five years of applicable development experience;
- Detailed technical understanding of Excel objects, pivot tables, properties, functions, etc.;
- Ability to design custom charts/graphs/tables with advanced knowledge of formulas and conditional formatting that can be efficiently automated;
- Ability to write complex VBA scripts that may reference multiple templates and data sources;
- Experience with SQL Server data sources – database connections, SQL queries, VBA recordsets;
- Experience with layout/design for effective data presentation;
- Understanding of how Excel links function in Word and PowerPoint;
- Time management skills to work with multiple project teams on varying timelines;
- Ability to teach technical concepts to research staff and other developers;
- Ability to optimize PDF generation for both speed and reduced file size is a plus.
CSS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSS also proudly supports and encourages U.S. Veterans to apply for our job opportunities.
This position will initially be remote due to COVID but hiring preference will be given to applicants who can work in our DC office during regular office hours when ReOpen DC reaches stage 4. CSS is located near the Farragut North and West Metro stops.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
This position will initially be remote due to COVID but hiring preference will be given to applicants who can work in our DC office during regular office hours when ReOpen DC reaches stage 4.
- applicable: 5 years (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place