JNE Consulting is a progressive, multi-disciplinary engineering services firm based in, Hamilton ON with offices in Pittsburgh, PA, Auburn, AL and Detroit. Our experienced and specialized teams work globally with a diverse client base – from concept through to engineering and procurement, as well as construction and project management services.
Our company provides clients with all of the components necessary for successful project completion, including preliminary studies, project design, construction, and project management, process implementation, and complete commissioning. JNE can also provide training, marketing, sales and after-sales services, as required.
An exciting opportunity is available for a Senior Electrical Designer to join our Engineering Team in Detroit.
In the role of Senior Electrical Designer, you are required to have proven competency with electrical and equipment design using theories, engineering principles, experience and technical knowledge. You are also required to have strong problem solving and design skills that follow all applicable regulations, industry and company standards.
- Senior Electrical Designer experienced in the design of industrial electrical systems (steel, chemical plants, etc.). Candidate will function as the Electrical Design lead on assigned projects.
Primary Job Functions
- Design and draft electrical equipment plans, single line diagrams, schematics, cable tray routing, embedded conduit plans and templates, ground drawings, installation details, cable and conduit schedules, electrical room layouts.
- Direct the design of other Designers/Drafters
- Conductor and ground sizing based on NEC requirements
- Cable tray and conduit fill calculations
- Generation of new AutoCAD drawings for assigned projects
- Assist in checking the work of other Designers/Drafters
- Perform additional responsibilities as directed.
- 10+ years of Electrical and I&C design experience in the steel, metals or chemical industries.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the National Electric Code (NEC).
- Proficient in AutoCAD (2D and 3D) and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access)
- General understanding of electrical and instrumentation equipment field installation and electrical infrastructure constructability.
- Experience sizing cables, conduit, and cable tray.
- Experience performing basic ampacity and voltage drop calculations.
- Strong understanding of the other disciplines such as foundations, structures, piping, etc.
- Able to operate well in a multi-discipline team environment
- Good Oral and written communication skills
- Keen safety awareness in large industrial facilities
- Desire to develop skills in interaction with clients and vendors
- Able to supervise staff and mentor less experience department staff
- Able to perform job walks wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) in an operating facility in a hot climate
- Willing communicator and able to ask questions when necessary.
- Enjoys working alone when required but can work effectively on a project team.
- Able to complete work consistently with flexibility to accommodate varying project demands.
- Must maintain a high level of precision and accuracy and be methodical in approach to work.
What JNE Can Offer
Join a dynamic, growing team of professional engineers and designers with innovative projects coupled with the opportunity to develop your career. In addition, we can offer a full range of benefits, flexible working hours and a commitment to individual safety.
JNE is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive, barrier free workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require an accommodation, please contact our HR team.
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Design: 10 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance