Who is Prolex Media?
Prolex Media is a collective of dedicated brand builders and creative storytellers united by a calling to help the brands we believe in succeed. We’re a fun, casual team but we are serious about creative work that makes us and our clients proud.
We partner with brands as an integrated extension of their team, fulfilling all their creative content marketing needs through one point of contact. Our model is half marketing agency, half media production house, and 100% focused on our partners’ long-term success.
What’s the job?
We are looking for a seasoned freelance web designer & developer who is comfortable with both front and back-end programming to build out and manage web/mobile projects. Successful candidates will have a minimum of three years recent experience with all of the skills listed below.
Our projects entail designing and implementing pre-approved UI/UX Designs, PHP, connecting the two, as well as being comfortable with backend development. This includes all associated areas such as database, architecture design and native application stack.
We are looking for a freelance partner who is available 30 (or more) hours a week for consistent web development and design work.
What are the responsibilities?
- Design and implementation of the overall web architecture
- “Pixel-perfect” implementation of our approved user interface and experience.
- Ensure the entire stack is designed and built for speed and scalability
- Implement continuous integration and deployment
- Develop WordPress & WebFlow websites
- Work with others to deliver product improvements, fixes, and additional features
- Remedy urgent issues as they arise
- Design, code, document and test technical solutions while seeking optimal performance and structure
Who are we looking for?
- You have knowledge, experience and understanding of fundamental front-end languages such as writing HTML / CSS / SASS (CSS3 Transitions / Animations, Semantic HTML) and experience with PHP
- You have previous full-stack development experience (Front and Back End).
- You have experience with modern JS toolsets (ES6, Typescript, Babel, Lerna, Jest, Protractor).
- You can work autonomously with a natural hustle, you own your work, and you’re accountable for everything you do.
- You have an interest in staying on top of the current trends, technologies, techniques and industry best practices.
- You have impeccable organization and clear communication skills, which makes you a smooth and reliable collaborator.
- You excel in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and meet short deadlines.
What’s in it for you?
- We don’t care “when” you work, as long as the work is done on time and on budget.
- We are happy to hear your desired hourly rate and will gladly pay for talent and experience.
- We partner with you for your talent—not just a “freelance gig”—so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role but also in your career as a whole.
- You are welcome to work remotely, but are also welcome to work at our office, in a creative and dynamic environment, where your ideas and contributions can be heard, valued and respected.
- Your supportive leadership team is committed to upholding the highest standards of diversity, inclusivity and support.
- You will be encouraged to experiment and embrace an iterative approach in order to achieve the highest forms of innovation, effectiveness, and efficiency.
Please include GitHub URL or a detailed portfolio highlighting your expertise.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your interest! We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type: Freelance
Salary: $30,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Web Development: 3 years (required)
- Web Design: 3 years (required)