There’s never been a better time to be working with LNG Canada.
Why? Because we’re building the largest private infrastructure project in Canada. Our industry-leading liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility will provide the world’s cleanest LNG, with the lowest carbon intensity.
This is your opportunity to be part of history, in an environment that will challenge you to apply all of your skills, and where you can learn with a diverse team of highly experienced industry professionals and mentors.
LNG Canada maintains a healthy, respectful and safe environment for all of our employees, contractors, partners and communities. Protecting our people, community and our operations is our top priority; our project has committed to meeting some of the strictest regulatory standards in the world.
Our Vision: To be the leading LNG export company in British Columbia and the world.
Our Mission: To be seen by our stakeholders as the Company of Choice.
Our Values: Respect, collaboration, integrity and safety.
Come join the team making Canadian history!
About the Role
The pipeline is a 600 km pipeline through both physically demanding terrain as well as First Nation territories with cultural sensitivities.
This position is a key Leadership role representing LNG Canada in the governance of pipeline construction work. This position is for a Pipeline Project Engineer on the LNG Canada Pipeline Governance team responsible for working with our Pipeline partner to drive and improve execution delivery by striving for excellence in execution of the pipeline and thereby providing assurance to the project and Joint Venture partners.
The Pipeline Project Engineer will play a key role in delivering value for the Joint Venture and ensuring success of this multi-billion-dollar project through
- Support the aspiration to be the ‘Safest Project on Earth’ (SPOE)
- Assure Contractor Quality to ‘get it right first time’
- Deliver within the agreed delivery schedule
- Deliver within the agreed cost promise.
To succeed with us in in this role, we need your enthusiasm to:
- Communicate and engage openly and passionately with the pipeline partner and within LNG Canada, to create synergies through integration and partnership.
- Drive knowledge sharing with stakeholders and achieve results through others.
- Build strong engagement with Joint Venture Partners, preparing and presenting Site status as required
- Engagement with external stakeholders / government agencies as required
- Display a strong positive attitude to manage change and improvement in processes, ways of working and our overall performance.
- Develop strong working relationships, lead with passion and presence, and making people feel energized to boost co-operation and a One Team approach
- Align direction and priorities within LNGC and develop clear direction and focus for others.
- Continuously drive focus and set expectations to become Safest Project On Earth at all levels
You will use your expertise to: *
- Provide assurance of pipeline Execution/Construction readiness/planning.
- Be focal point for review and input into definition and optimization of construction execution strategy/ plan
- Be focal point for LNGC review and input into pipeline construction contractors’ scope of work and technical contract documents
- Be responsible for delivery of assurance events and closing of actions
- Participate in contract management assurance and change management during Execute phase
- Actively own construction risks for the pipeline scope and support Project Services in Cost and Schedule Risk Analysis (CSRA)
- Develop bow-tie preventative and mitigating actions which are SMART.
- Support Project Services in Cost and Schedule Risk Analysis (CSRA)
This role specifically requires the development of a productive and close working and influential relationship with partners to seek to continuously improve execution performance, striving for excellence in execution to deliver the pipeline objectives. This includes:
- Ability to identify and implement positive changes in processes and ways of working and drive a performance management mindset and culture
- Support a learning culture to continuously improve HSSE performance
- Foster a culture of ‘right first time’ to achieve top quartile quality management and commissioning and start-up
- Working with the LNGC Contracts team to drive excellence in Contract Management and Claims management
- Working with the LNGC Project Services team to drive excellence in Project Controls to deliver the required control and thus cost and schedule performance of the execution
- Through an influencing working relationship, ensure that the construction team is fully engaged with Project Services in order to interrogate Contractors’ schedules, identifying both risks and opportunities to support completion on time
- Through an influencing working relationship, drive active risk and opportunity identification and active management in support of execution excellence and thus minimize the requirement for late change.
To be successful, you will have:
- University degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
- 10+ years progressive leadership experience in project related work in pipeline design and construction/execution phases
- Proven track record in a leadership capacity on large pipeline projects preferably within the oil and gas industry. Project execution experience in Canada preferred.
- Onshore pipeline construction project management experience in remote 4 season environment is preferred
- Passion for safe execution with knowledge and courage to achieve extraordinary HSE results.
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong and sustained relationships with contractors, partner(s) and LNGC stakeholders.
- Experience working in or with Joint Ventures preferred
- Self-starter with ability to efficiently resolve both technical and non-technical challenges
- Team-player able to keep focus on longer term goals and inspire others to deliver extraordinary performance
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
This role requires that you:
- Are legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e. by way of Canadian citizenship, permanent residency or possess a valid work permit)
- Reside in Calgary, AB with frequent travel to site.
- Know that this role is a 3-year assignment, ending approximately September 30, 2023.
LNG Canada is a joint venture comprised of Shell Canada Energy (40%) and affiliates of Petronas (25%) PetroChina (15%), Mitsubishi Corporation (15%) and Korea Gas Corporation (5%). The joint venture is building a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility in Kitimat, British Columbia.
LNG Canada sets out to be a project of choice for British Columbia and Canada. Safety, shared economic value, environmental performance and social performance are our highest priorities. We have partnered with governments, local communities and First Nations to maximize shared value.
Position closes, Monday, June 21, 2021.
Job Type: Full-time