PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play —it's also the Best Place to Work. We've thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we're recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2020.
Associate Programmer Intern
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for an Associate Programmer Intern to join our team in Bend, Oregon. The Associate Programmer Intern will be responsible for the implementation of code systems under the supervision of a Lead Sr. Staff Programmer.
- If selected, you will be a contributor to the development of technology, game code systems and tools that support game design needs. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Game logic
- Character behaviors
- State based animation selection
- Motion systems
- Scripted mini-games
- Physics systems
- Collision systems
- Particle effects
- Entity systems
- Camera logic
- Audio systems
- You possess strong C/C++ experience
- You have strong 3D math skills
- You have a deep understanding of current data structures, algorithms and methodologies
- You can work effectively with other programmers, artists, and designers in a team environment
- You are a self-starter, thinking beyond the given technical challenge presented for a potential solution and providing insight and strategic direction to your manager
- You are ambitious with a good work ethic
- You possess the ability to follow instruction and implementation plans provided by their manager and effectively and accurately manage their tasks and schedules
- You have superb communication skills are required to be able to explain programming solutions and ideas.
- Must be able to adequately provide instruction to non-programming personnel on how to use programmer generated tools and code implementations
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.