OneWeb Satellites is pioneering new value propositions in space through the design and large-scale manufacturing of low-cost, ultra-high performing satellites at high-volumes. These space-crafts are modular and designed for multiple mission configurations. OneWeb Satellites' ability to iterate on satellite design and launch new satellites in quantity faster than ever before secures our competitive advantage in spacecraft production.
Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect OneWeb Satellites high regard for our employees.
A General Procurement Manager position is opened within Airbus OneWeb Satellites. The successful applicant will join the team, under the responsibility of the Head Of General Procurement.
Responsibilities include the sourcing of indirect products and services essential for our company's operations, with a trans-national approach.
As a General Procurement Manager you will be responsible to perform procurement activities, in particular for the following General Procurement categories:
- Manufacturing Products & Services: ground tools & measurement equipment, manufacturing consumables and hand tools, samples, specimens for Quality, calibration services, …
- Product development Services: Subcontracting/technical services supporting our company's activities
- Transport & Logistics Products & Services
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following - other duties may be assigned:
- Conduct the procurement process from sourcing to ordering, in order to fulfil business needs and provide the internal customers with valued services in compliance with the General Procurement procedures and guidelines, to full customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that deliverables are in line with the contractual terms (cost, time, quality).
- Develop and maintain an efficient supply chain capable to deliver goods/work-packages (services), matching Airbus OneWeb Satellites requirements and business objectives.
- Ensure continuous commercial relationship with suppliers in order to secure work with best-in-class suppliers and protect Airbus OneWeb Satellites from contractual risks.
- Reinforce contractual coverage, define and implement supplier score cards/KPIs
- Deliver on initiatives contributing to Airbus OneWeb Satellites Savings Programs using the levers of requirements harmonisation/standardization, challenge of the specifications, volume aggregation, and control of the demand
- Define and implement Material Masters and inventory levels in SAP for production ground consumable to support the production
- Reconcile invoice discrepancies.
- Interacts with other internal programs, support staff and external sources such as school or community personnel as applicable.
- Communicates effectively in a culturally competent and diverse consumer population and promotes favorable interaction with managers, co-workers and others
- Interface with internal departments: production, manufacturing engineers, quality, and finance
This role may involve some travel for business (Europe and other place in the US) and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
- Good knowledge about procurement contract
- Previous purchasing experience preferred in a Manufacturing environment, minimum 3 years
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures
- Experience working in SAP required
- Excellent communication and writing skills are essential
- Strong computer skills, especially Pack Office
- Sensitivity to confidential matter, strong adherence to ethics & compliance
- Proactive mindset to anticipate needs and implement necessary improvements
- Teamwork and transparency
- Customer focused and solution oriented work style
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- To HO General Procurement
Bachelor's degree in technical field or related business field, or equivalent level of experience, with good business or procurement knowledge
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
OneWeb Satellites provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, OneWeb Satellites will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.