Apply directly at https://fathomcompanies.com/careers/.
This position will be paid at $18.23/hr under the Portland Emergency Pay Act and will return to the base rate of $18.00/hr
The Press Hotel, located in downtown Portland, Maine, is currently seeking a General Building Maintenance Engineer.
Under the direction of our Engineer Supervisor and Rooms Manager, a Maintenance Engineer will perform general repair and maintenance of any and all equipment found in and around the hotel, assist with guest room calls and assist in protecting the property while conducting routine work and preventive maintenance. Specific work areas will be assigned as needed to each associate, based on skill level and experience. Other duties include: support public area attendant where needed, painting, trash and snow removal, property walks, maintain accurate record-keeping on assigned tasks, ensure that all safety systems are operable, assist with security of the property, and adhere to applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- Competitive Pay
- Eligible for monthly bonuses!
- 401K Savings Options
- Paid Time Off
- A Positive, Respectful, Fun Employment Culture
- Discounted Parking Options
- On the Job Training
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Complementary Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted Hotel Stays
- Note: *benefits eligible to full time associates only
- *Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- *Company Paid Life Insurance
- *Company Paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- *Flex Spending & Health Reimbursement Account Option
Minimum of three years’ experience required. Working experience in a major hotel, hospital, or building preferred. Must have excellent customer service skills.
Formerly home to the Portland Press Herald newspaper, this historic seven-story building has been transformed into a brand-new, 110-room boutique Marriott Autograph Collection Hotel. The Press Hotel is Portland's first independent lifestyle boutique property celebrating the local arts and paying homage to the historic Press Herald past.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- Guest Service: 1 year (Preferred)