Park Plus Inc. is looking for a PLC/HMI Programmer with 2+ years' experience to fill a full-time position at its Fairview, NJ office. The ideal candidate will be responsible for programming PLC and HMI applications related to our automated parking systems. The candidate will also be responsible for designing and reviewing electrical drawings.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop PLC and HMI applications to meet system specifications
· Setup of Variable Speed Drives (VSD)
· Plan, evaluate, organize and implement automation related projects
· Assist with on-site start-up and troubleshooting, as needed
· Assist the Department Manager in the development of programming standards and creation of library functions.
· Coordinate with project managers, engineers, field technicians and clients
· Design electrical drawings using AutoCAD
· Review electrical drawings
· Develop electrical bill of material for projects
Desired Qualifications and Skills
· 2+ years' of experience in PLC/HMI programming
· Bachelor’s degree in instrumentation and Controls, Electrical Engineering or a related field
· Experience with Siemens PLC (TIA Portal), ABB PLC, Beckhoff PLC (TWINCAT), Allen Bradley PLC (studio 5000), and Electrical drawings.
· Ability to program in multiple languages, including ladder logic, STL and SCL
· Ability to read and interpret electrical wiring diagrams
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Deadline and detail-oriented
· Excellent root cause analysis skills
· Strong technical and analytical proficiency with the ability to multi-task effectively.
· Ability to travel up to 10% (mainly within the USA, some international travel is a possibility)
· Health Insurance (waiting period applies)
· Paid Time Off
· $90,000.00—$115,000.00 per year depending on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- This is a 100% in-office position with inability to work remotely. Are you able to reliably commute to and from Fairview, NJ for this position?
- Siemens PLC (TIA Portal): 1 year (Preferred)
- ABB PLC: 1 year (Preferred)
- Beckhoff PLC (TWINCAT): 1 year (Preferred)
- Allen Bradley PLC (Studio 5000): 1 year (Preferred)
- Electrical Drawings: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ladder logic, STL, and SCL: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location