Machine and Equipment Assembler
Stone Enterprises is a leading manufacturer of high-quality equipment and parts used in the food production industry. We are experiencing tremendous growth in our domestic and international markets and seeking a talented Machine Assembler to join our twenty+ year old company headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. This is a dynamic, multi-faceted position with great advancement opportunity.
The Machine Assembler sets up and fits together component parts of equipment used in the food processing industry. This is a hands-on position requiring good technical abilities and manual dexterity. You will use a variety of hand tools and machinery to facilitate the assembly and set up of equipment. Ability to read instructions represented in manuals, drawings, schematics, blueprints, etc. and follow them with precision is very important.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Study blueprints and prototype models to gain an understanding of the machinery being assembled, fabricated or welded.
- Inspect all fabricated, machined, and purchased components for fit and accuracy prior to assembly.
- Assemble machinery including electrical panels, pneumatics, hydraulics and related devices according to schematics and other documentation.
- Test operation of machine to ensure functionality and performance and conformance to specifications and drawings.
- Select, align and secure fixtures, saws, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- There are a variety of other shop duties the successful candidate will be responsible for including running the saws, assisting machinists and welders and glass beading of finished parts and equipment.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Experience in custom machinery assembly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of all types of standard and metric fasteners.
- Understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic components and fittings.
- Knowledge of and experience with industrial electrical components and systems.
- Experience with power transmission systems including conveyor components, motors, and gear reducers.
- Background as machinist or toolmaker with a mechanical aptitude preferred. TIG welding experience is a plus.
- Stand or remain in the same position for long periods of time.
- Regularly possess manual dexterity to put parts or pieces together quickly and accurately.
- Able to lift, but not limited to, 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Education and Experience:
- High School degree or GED with 4+ years work experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a machine shop, manufacturing environment as an assembler, machinist, or toolmaker with a mechanical aptitude.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Starting hourly wage of $18-$24 with opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Strong benefits and annual bonus potential.
- Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, and other insurance coverage.
- 401K Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Paid Vacation and Holidays, Company Paid Meals, Free Parking Next to Building
Work alongside experienced, highly motivated, and talented fabricators, welders, machinists, and engineers
Related keywords: manufacturing, assembler, assembly, hiring immediately
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $24.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 4 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required