Contract Duration: 1 year
Compensation: $47/hr with benefits or $52/hr without benefits
· Looking for an individual that can apply their development experience on application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs.
· Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
· Provides coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
· Acts as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
· Verifies program logic by assisting with the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
· Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
· Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience migrating existing applications to Ab Initio from other ETL tools like Microsoft SQL Server.
· Able to articulate complex designs in writing with documents, figures, mapping sheets, and example data.
· Comfortable presenting information to core team and business partners.
· A practical understanding of large scale data processing and data parallelism techniques.
· Able to balance design against performance implications and data usage.
· A desire to solve complex problems and collaborate with others to ensure the best possible outcome.
· An understanding of metadata levels and experience any associated tools like Ab Initio Metadata Hub.
· Experience with high performance database platforms like Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle.
· RDB modeling experience and an understanding of normalization, fact-dimension management, and type 1-2 changes.
· Comfortable in SQL submitting both DDL and DML statements.
· Able to create tables with indexing and partitioning features added. Able to write moderately difficult SQL statements including complex Joins, Group By, Sub-Query, etc.
· Familiar with field level functions like Substring, Cast, Case, etc. Support analytic requests.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $47.00 to $52.00 /hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- Yes: Immigrant visa sponsorship (e.g., green card sponsorship)
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative