The CNC Programmer has total responsibility for day-to-day parts production activities. You will work with engineers, production planners, and purchasing agents to ensure production schedules are met, and QC goals are achieved. We will look to you to generate step-by-step manufacturing methods and/or processes, including the planning and/or procurement of required tooling (fixtures, cutting tools, etc.) and CNC programming.
- Program 3, 4, & 5 axis vertical milling machines to perform various machine functions on moderately complex machined parts utilizing Mastercam Software.
- Program CNC lathes to perform various machine functions on moderately complex machined parts utilizing Mastercam Software.
- Develop manufacturing processes, methods, and production plans for new parts and/or subassemblies, including complete CNC machine programs. Supervise their implementation to ensure satisfactory utilization.
- Review, redesign, or replace, existing defined operation sheets to enhance quality and/or productivity.
- Interact with tool suppliers. Recommends purchase of new tooling and/or new technology for the Company's applications
- Diversified background in machining practices, properties of metals and plastics, application of mathematics and dimensions to production components and tooling.
- Experience machining Aluminum, Plastic, & Stainless Steel in a production setting.
- Strong drafting skills concerning machine shop practices and techniques.
- Ability to develop and document manufacturing processes, equipment, and tooling in order to meet production goals.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience.
- CAD/CAM software expertise required
- Working knowledge of Mastercam
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
Standard holidays + paid Christmas shutdown
Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
Commensurate with qualifications & experience.
STIDD Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
STIDD Systems was founded in 1991 as a manufacturer of Government and Commercial Marine Seating. Over the past 29 years, STIDD has supplied seats to: US Coast Guard, US Navy, US Special Operations Command, US Marine Corps, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin as well as hundreds of OEMs such as Hinckley, Sabre, Boston BoatWorks, Viking, Grand Banks, Fleming, Tiara, PAE, Horizon, Southport, Mikelson, Hatteras, Riviera, Westport, Delta, ETC. STIDD Systems has evolved as the industry benchmark for quality, comfort, strength, and value with unique and innovative features made possible by advanced design, proprietary engineering, and state of the art manufacturing methods.
In 1998 STIDD began the development of its first Military Submersible. Since that time, STIDD built its Submersible line and flagship product, the Diver Propulsion Device (DPD), around the basic idea that military divers would prefer riding a vehicle instead of swimming. Today, STIDD focuses on another simple, but transformative goal: design, develop, and integrate the most advanced Precision Navigation, Control and Automation Technology available into the DPD to make that ride easier, more effective, and when desired . . . RIDERLESS!
STIDD Systems, Inc. occupies a 2-acre shipyard with 62,000 square feet of computerized manufacturing facilities, design, and administrative offices located on the waterfront in Greenport, NY. Approximately 90 statute miles due east of New York City.
STIDD Systems opened its Surface and Underwater Mobility Training and Evaluation Facility located in Marathon Key, Florida, in 2003. The "STIDD SOUTH" facility is approximately 47 miles North of Key West and 112 miles south of Miami.
Learn more at www.stidd.com and www.stiddmil.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- CNC Programming: 5 years (Required)
- Greenport, NY 11944 (Required)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible