Plans and directs all aspects and budgets for engineering projects and activities in conformance with the company's established policies and objectives.
Must be self-motivated and use best practice engineering methods through 5S and other lean manufacturing tools. Position requires a BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, AutoCAD, five years in project and engineering management and hand-on technical engineering - 10 years preferred.
J&J Snack Foods established polities and objectives completing on time and on budget
Utilize best practice engineering methods and provides expert technical guidance for engineering initiatives including the implementation of automation specifically packaging. Incorporates components, materials, and tools that result in cost-effective quality projects. Manages overall engineering budget, costs and timelines. Creates specific objectives, functional strategies and develops budgets, policies and procedures to support the plant infrastructure. Leads continuous improvement / lean manufacturing teams driving root cause and corrective action implementation activities to remove production constraints and continuously improve Safety, product quality and production efficiency. Position requires 10+ engineering and 5+ years managerial experience.
Manages engineering department consisting of an engineer and co-op. "Position reports to the Plant Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the engineering function leader and technical expert.
- Manage and resolve issues brought forth by the manufacturing team members.
Mentors and is engaged in the personal development of the engineering team to ensure ongoing growth of technical organizational and management skills.
Previous experience with managing complexity and rapidly changing strategies.
Experience with delivering results and implementing projects simultaneously for multiple production lines and departments.
Identify opportunities for improvement in safety, quality, productivity and scrap.
Works closely with plant management on sustainable improvements
Ensuring all engineering projects, initiatives and processes are aligned with the company's polices and strategic objectives.
Coordinate development of new/revised products, making detailed timelines/plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
Provide strategic direction and planning to meet schedules and goals for operations and clients.
Work closely with Marketing and Sales in new product development activities including brainstorming, quoting, design reviews and product launch schedules.
Understanding of ladder logic, programming a plus
Using continuous improvement / lean manufacturing drive ROI projects
Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally.
- Experience in 5 S and other lean manufacturing tools
- Proven results through the development of team implemented cost reduction and continuous improvement / lean manufacturing programs
- Strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills
- Professional demeanor, leads by example, and is self-motivated
- Excellent problem solving, and communication skills is a must.
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- BS in Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical engineering
- Project management: 5 years (Required)
- Engineering Management: 5 years (Required)
- Hands-on technical engineering; 10 years (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
- Self - Motivation: 5 years (Required)
- Problem Resolution: 5 years (Required)
- Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- AutoCAD: 5 years (Required)
- 5S and Lean Tools: 5 years (Required)
- Leadership: 5 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement