Civil Design Engineer – Sioux Falls, South Dakota
DJ&A is a multidisciplinary professional services consulting firm that delivers a diverse range of services to clients across the nation. Founded in 1973 by two former U.S. Forest Service employees who saw a need for a company that uniquely understood Forest Service projects, DJ&A has continued to grow and expand over the last 48 years by embracing the values of our founders. Today, we have a team of 80+ skilled professionals spanning across offices in Missoula, MT; Vancouver, WA; Lakewood, CO; and Sioux Falls, SD.
DJ&A is seeking a full-time Civil Design Engineer with 0-5 years of relevant training and/or experience in performing civil design for roads, highways, parking areas, site grading, water, sewer, and/or drainage. The successful candidate must be team oriented, and possess analytical and organizational skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Proficiency in producing drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, and graphic representations of engineering designs.
· Support project managers, engineers, land surveyors, and survey/design teams using Bentley MicroStation OpenRoads, Autodesk Civil 3D, Bentley, Revit or similar software platforms to perform tasks.
· Ensure quality control of documents following QAQC manual and are produced in accordance with applicable drafting codes and standards.
· Perform engineering calculations.
· Proficient in developing construction documents for a variety of civil engineering projects.
· Proficient in performing civil design for roads, highways, parking areas, site grading, water, sewer, drainage, and land development.
· Assist in verifying code compliance and quality checks.
· Coordinate with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets, quality and agency requirements are achieved.
Required Skills and Abilities:
Proven experience and proficiency in AutoCAD.
Excellent planning, organizational, and communication skills.
Highly proficient analytical and problem-solving skills.
Independent, self-motivated, and results-oriented.
Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work under tight deadlines and with geographically dispersed teams.
Education and Experience:
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and Engineer Intern (EI)/Engineer in Training (EIT) preferred.
0-5 years of experience in drafting relating to drafting and layout for civil, construction and boundary projects.
Proficient in the use of MS Office.
Experience related to federal or DOT projects and standards are preferable.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
· Must be able to travel to various project sites.
· Must be able to access and navigate job sites and construction areas.
Salary and Benefits:
· Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
· Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit sharing, long-term disability, performance bonuses, paid time off, ten paid holidays, 9/80 work schedule, professional registration and licensure reimbursement, professional development training, fantastic culture!
· Sioux Falls, SD
DJ&A is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here and Supplemental EEO notice here.
DJ&A is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Are you certified as an Engineer Intern or Engineer in Training?