In this role, you will work closely with senior-level engineers to create and support innovative new designs and solutions for agricultural applications. You will design electrical systems including 12V circuits and purchased components for vehicle control systems, ECU interfaces, electro-hydraulic controls, and human-machine interfaces that meet project goals and customer needs.
· Design complex vehicle control systems.
· Test vehicle control systems and debug designed software to ensure safe and correct operation of machines.
· Design projects to be completed on time and in an organized manner.
· Handle multiple projects at the same time. Must be willing to operate independently and part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Design complex vehicle control systems that include engine control unit interfaces, human-machine interfaces, and electro-hydraulic controls.
· Designs must ensure that project requirements and industry standards are achieved, and that all applicable safety standards and regulations are followed.
· Develop supporting documentation for designed electrical and control systems.
· Provide informative and professional assistance when working with customers and co-workers.
· A Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields is required: Agricultural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electronics Engineering.
· Strong general programming and problem-solving skills including software design, debugging, and testing skills.
· Knowledge in control system theory and applications is required. Knowledge in control system design for off-road vehicles is preferred. Knowledge in CAN and J1939 protocols, and Danfoss Plus+1® experience is preferred.
· Schematic and vehicle harness design skills are required. Zuken E3 and SolidWorks CAD experience is preferred, but not required.
· Proficient with Microsoft® Office Software.
· Technical writing skills and experience in developing support documentation for machine-based controls.
· Self-motivated, with great attention to detail.
· Good mechanical background and understanding of equipment is preferred, but not required.
· Working understanding of machine hydraulic systems is preferred, but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $69,000.00 to $92,000.00 /year
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Electrical Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- Do you require sponsorship?
- Store Discounts
- Other forms
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity