ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking an Associate Development Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate would the primary technical resource for the field sales force and would be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application.
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Provide design and specification development support to consultants, integrators, and distributors.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Listen, understand and convey customer requirements.
- Perform technical/ product training for sales people, estimators, and engineers at targeted accounts.
- Assist in the design and development of new products and tools necessary to make target accounts comfortable and successful at selling lighting controls.
- Maintain accurate records of target accounts, opportunities, quotes, projects, contacts and correspondence in company approved databases.
- Travel to project sites to perform follow-up, relationship and integration services.
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Maintain professional business relationships within target accounts.
- Provide status of ongoing projects and future projects.
- Identify customer's needs and sales opportunities to help future growth.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- 2 years of professional experience in engineering, program management, and / or powertrain experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in Microsoft MS-Project, CATIA.
- Able to read mechanical blueprints and have a solid understanding of basic mechanical control systems.
- Knowledge of network communications technology – Internet, Intranet, VPN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, etc.
- Strong communication, Interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Available for Travel 25%.
- Visa sponsorship will not be available for this position now or in the future.
- Relocation assistance will not be offered for this position.
- 3–5 years experience in engineering, program management, and / or powertrain experience.
- Customer service or sales support experience.
- Proven project management skills.
- Application programming experience
- Ablility to identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Experience in a similar controls industry role.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Mitarbeiter werben Mitarbeiter
Work Life Balance
Mitarbeiterrabatt für Unternehmensprodukte
Karriereberatung und Trainingsangebot
Mitarbeiterrabatt für lokale Anbieter
Unterstützung Kinderbetreuung/Pflege von Angehörigen
Gute Bedingungen für verschiedene Versicherungen
The Business Area ContiTech develops, produces and markets products, systems and intelligent components made from rubber, plastic, metal and textiles. These products are used in mining, the agricultural industry, railway engineering mechanical and plant engineering, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.
Nice to know
Continentals Spezialisten aus unterschiedlichen Disziplinen treiben den Trend des Automatisierten Fahrens mit aller Innovationskraft voran.
Direkt zur Karriere Website