Project Manager Engineer P.E.
Manage civil engineering projects in the planning, permitting, designing for commercial and residential development. Works with clients and coordinates projects through a team of engineers, designers and surveyors. Assigns, reviews and approves detailed or routine civil engineering tasks.
Expectations – Spiars Engineering expects Project Engineers to execute and have experience with the following:
- Engineering design and project management of all aspects of civil land development.
- Manages EIT work loads and participates in the development of EITs.
- Perform design of complex civil engineering projects to include site grading, paving, sanitary sewer systems, open/closed storm sewer systems, detention/retention facilities, water systems and other related site improvements.
- Research and prepare conceptual drawings, preliminary designs, feasibility studies and preliminary cost estimates for residential/commercial/municipal projects.
- Perform hydrologic and hydraulic calculations to support project design.
- Perform site investigations and analyze site conditions.
- Resolve design conflicts; perform construction administrative services.
- Perform QA/QC reviews of design projects.
- Maintain accurate project documentation.
- Communicate and maintain good client relationships.
- Present projects to clients, agencies, municipalities and the general public at formal and informal meetings.
- Coordinate and communicate with project teams throughout the duration of the project.
- Prepares monthly invoices and follows up with clients to ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Pursues Business Development opportunities in order to increase revenue through current clients and new clients.
- Servant Leadership – Nobody is above any task and we are all here to serve others. Every customer —internal or external—needs help, and the most powerful way to lead will be to serve at a high level.
- Aspirational – In a growing business with a big mission, our engineers must have an appetite to learn and improve their skills.
- Determination & Resourcefulness – This person must be a creative problem solver and be willing to roll up their sleeves until they make things work. Whether it be asking questions, finding outside tools, or seeking out best practices, this person will need an open mind and good resolve.
- Organizational Skills – This position requires a capacity for seeing patterns and improving processes for optimal outcomes.
- Collaborative – This is a fun and productive culture. We laugh, work hard, press hard, and jump in to figure things out. Fitting into the team is essential!
- Authentic – We operate with a high trust culture and shared values. Integrity, honesty, compassion, and diligence are all qualities this person must possess to flourish here.
- Energy & Enthusiasm – This person must bring joy and passion to the job. It is essential to self-motivate and encourage one another in our work.
- Project Management – This person must be able to keep an eye on deadlines and critical dependencies to ensure they are met.
- BS or MS degree in Civil Engineering
- P.E. Certification
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant civil engineering experience with a focus on land development
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85.00 - $100.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Engineering: 8 years (Required)
- Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19