The System Engineer will collaborate between the engineering team members and program management to ensure the customer receives a solution that meets their requirements.This position will be a critical member of the design project team. The position requires a broad range of expertise; ability to work with minimal supervision; follow high-level directions; complete assignments on time and accurately; positive attitude; posess excellent troubleshooting skills, and bring out the best in other team members. While not being the lead expert in all areas, the successful applicant will have a strong diverse technical background in mechanical, electrical, or computer engineering. They will also have an intimate knowledge of how these disciplines play together. The successful applicant will provide system level expertise in mechatronics and test systems to the engineering team.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001 requirements
- Develop test equipment requirements, proposals and compliance matrices
- Perform system-level design (i.e. top-level diagrams); hardware design (i.e. schematics & wire lists). The assignment may also require software design (i.e. write code, write test programs); software/hardware integration
- Develop specifications, test plans and other technical documentation
- Conceptualize systems and perform detail design and integration
- B.S. or equivalent in Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in mechatronics preferably with exposure to inertial sensors/systems testing, control systems, and/or the aerospace or military domains
- Experience in test engineering is a plus
- Ability to travel (domestic and internationally) and obtain a passport.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- This position requires the employee to work in a restricted facility that requires US citizenship or
Permanent Residence (Green Card).
- Must possess skills or ability to learn quickly in the following areas of Mechatronics:
- Mechanical Structures/Bearings
- Feedback Devices
- Industrial Electronics
- Control Systems
- Temperature and Process Controls
- Experience with one or more of the following: Python, C, LabWindows, TestStand, or LabVIEW, C++, C#, Assembly languages, or database programming, ORCAD; Hardware/software integration experience
- Experience with one of the following: Matlab and Mathcad
- General Software Familiarity
Please contact Joan Bengs at Express Employment SRG Division at 701-402-3784 to learn more about this great opportunity!
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechatronics: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off